Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes also set humidity %.
- Answer The hose should be long enough to reach the drain area. The standard garden hose is all I have used with half inch diameter. The water it carries is minimal and does not need a larger diameter. Only concern is to remember it is gravity fed and cannot be higher than the exit drain on the unit or the water will flow backwards toward the unit.
QuestionDoes this unit keep an accurate setpoint ? My Model: FAD704DWD does in fact not do so. When a setpoint of 40% is chosen, the environment spikes to 60% +. Measurements are being taken with sensor push. I am looking for something that maintains 40%.
- Answer When I had this unit, it had major problems keeping the humidity at a set point. I eventually gave up on it.
QuestionHow many sq. ft. can it cover?
- Answer We have it in a 3000 sq foot house in central Texas. Along with the AC it has no problem keeping the house at 50%. I have it directly draining into a condensate pump that pumps into a sink and it will fill the sink in a matter of hours. Great machine.
QuestionI am trying to use this in an exterior building that is not climate controlled. Will the product work at temperatures that could get to freezing? If not is there any unit that would have those capabilities?
- Answer Because this is trying to pull moisture out of the air, and moisture will freeze when doing so, I would not recommend using this in an area with freezing temperatures. 60° F Most dehumidifiers should not be operated in temperatures below 60° F, since the moisture removed from the indoor air can freeze when it condenses on the cooling coils, which can damage the unit. The recommended operating temperatures for dehumidifiers is between 70 and 90 degrees.
QuestionDo you have to use the app to turn on and off, etc. or can you manually use controls on unit?
- Answer Hi, Cooper21! The dehumidifier provides the option of control by the touchpad or by your Frigidaire app. I hope this information was useful for your shopping experience. -Katrina
- Answer How many feet does this model cover and will it cover a large basement
QuestionCan it sit on top of a table or does it have to be on the floor? The reason I ask is the hose would have to be level to drain in the utility tub.
- Answer I guess it could be placed on a table be you should be very careful that it's secure. Also, it's pretty heavy.
QuestionIf this doesn't have an adjustable humidistat, how can it maintain a specific level of humidity?
- Answer This unit does have an effective humidistat. Once your humidity level is reached it will in fact maintain that level.
- Answer You can connect a hose to send water to a drain or in my case I have it draining to the sump pump pit.
- Answer Mine has always restarted at the setting I have it set on. Never been an issue or problem.
- Answer Hi, bigdaddy! Yes, the Frigidaire 2.0 app will let you know when the bucket is full! Feel free to reconnect with any additional questions about our dehumidifiers. Our Smart Appliance Department can be reached by dialing 800-311-4667, and available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am-6pm EST. -Derrick
QuestionWe have "time of use" residential electricity i.e. The electricity rate per kilowatt hour during peak hours is 7 times the rate during off peak hours. Can this model be programmed not to run during peak hours? (6-9 am winter, 2-6 pm summer)
- Answer Hi, Eddie. Thanks for your question, Yes, you can customize times by using the Frigidaire 2.0 app. We hope this information was helpful to your shopping experience. Feel free to reconnect with any additional questions about our dehumidifiers. Our Smart Appliance Department can be reached by dialing 800-311-4667, and available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am-6pm EST. -Derrick
- Answer Yes it does shut off when it reaches the set humidity
- Answer Yes the filter is removable. A very quite unit.
QuestionIs the 70pint per day rating attained with the newer 2019 guidelines? Would this be equivalent to an old 90pint unit?
- Answer Hello, Please contact the manufacturer for this question. Thank you
- Answer I have not had that happen to me. I have not had it go off in a storm . It is a great unit and worth the investment