Questions & Answers
- Answer It doesn’t matter if its sealed or ported. It’s the size of box or there lack of that mathematically determines if you need to port the box. A sealed box with these speakers gives you quicker base response. A ported box is slower reacting but louder over all bass. Hope this helped?
QuestionLooking at the package including 2 of these subs, a box and the kac-511 amp. Are the subs run in series or parallel?
- Answer Depending on your setup the subs can be ran in either series or parallel. To help you with your installation you can consult with your local Best Buy installer or contact Kenwood's customer service line.
- Answer It’s not big at all. It will fit in a glove compartment of most vehicles. Amps are not big like they used to be. Digital circuitry has really made amps much smaller without decreasing output.
- Answer You will need Sub box aswell an 1000 watt Amplifier. Also a Amp wiring kit 4 gauge.
QuestionI am looking to replace a pair of KFC-W212 with KFC-W120SVC. The application is free air. Will this work or is there a better choice? It is an older system that does not have mega power. They need to be 4 ohm.
- Answer To check on installation and compatibilty to your setup please contact our Best Buy installation team by calling them directly.
- Answer 500 watt
QuestionHow should I wire these 2 12 inch kenwood w120svc subs to my 2000 watt amp and what should I set my gain and stuff at?? Please help
- Answer You want to run your subs wired in series, this will raise the ohm rating of your amp making it safer for your 12 inch subs. I would start with your gain level at a quarter of its maximum gain level, turn up your system and listen closely to your subs, make sure they are producing clean bass, if they sound clean then try turning your gain up just a little more, if they start to pop instead of bump then you know to turn your gain back down, enjoy!
QuestionCan these subwoofers be installed directly into the car, or does it have to be in a box in the trunk, and how much is installation
- Answer There are 3 main types of “boxes”. Sealed, ported and bandpass. They won’t do much in “free air”. Some customize their trunk using fiberglass or a board which would use the seat backs as the back of the enclosure.
- Answer yes if you are only replacing the subwoofer
QuestionI bought these and they sound great. However they don't come with a grill and I don't see that any are available for this specific speaker. Any universal grills that will fit this?
- Answer Kenwood doesn’t make them. Be cautious seeking them online. Install center has some that may work.