Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $944.99
QuestionWe are debating between this DW and the Bosch 500 series, which was what we previously owned and loved. This DW is 39 db vs 44 dv for the Bosch. Is there a significant detectable difference in sound? Does this DW have the pop open door air dry feature?
- Answer I did extensive research on dishwashers, Bosch 500/800 and KitchenAid have the least amount of repair calls. But, all makes do get their fair amount. I went to Best Buy to get the Bosch 500, they were actually out of stock and it was on back order for 3 more months. I ended up getting the KitchenAid KDTE204KPS, this is the next down from pop open door. It was on sale for $854.99. Super quiet, and dries dishes very well. 3rd rack on top is shallow, just for flatware. Next one up does have deeper third rack. Very pleased with this dishwasher and would recommend to others to buy. I previously had a 46 dB Whirlpool. To answer your question, It was quiet too, but not a huge difference between the Whirlpool and new KitchenAid @ 39 dB.
- Answer Yes, there are two (2) other color options for the medallions at each end of the handle. The dishwasher ONLY comes with all red medallions. The optional colors can be purchased separately for less than ten bucks a pair as follows: Chrome with Red Lettering (Part Number W10846205), and Black with Red Lettering (Part Number W10846206). You can look for these part numbers on the internet. The handle and the medallions can be removed and reinstalled with an allen wrench. If you don't like any of the optional medallion colors, you can always remove and paint the medallions that come with the dishwasher.
- Answer Every 1-3 months pull out the bottom tray, grasp the Filter Cup & rotate it 1/4 turn counterclockwise & remove, then remove filter plate. Rinse both under cold water or use a soft brush to remove any food stuff. Reseat Filter Plate under tabs, install Filter Cup into Filter Plate opening & rotate clockwise until it clicks into place.
QuestionI don't understand why the "product height" is 34.5 yet it says the minimum height of the space needed is 34 inches. That would seem to mean it wouldn't fit. My cut out space is 34.5 high, would this dishwasher fit?
- Answer Yes it will fit. My opening is also 34 1/2" and fit in comfortably. It has adjustable legs to raise or lower.
QuestionWill this fit in a rough opening space of 33.5 inches? Kitchenaid site says 33.5 https://www.kitchenaid.com/major-appliances/dishwashers/front-controls/p.39-dba-dishwasher-in-printshield%EF%BF%BD-finish-with-third-level-utensil-rack.kdfe204kps.html?
- Answer 24 width x 24 depth x 34.5 height is a standard opening. With the adjustable legs all the way in its 33.5 but can be adjusted the extra inch to fill the gap.
- Answer Hi DeanK, this unit may be installed with a power supply cord or direct wiring. On page 10 of the Owner's Manual linked here: https://bit.ly/2PZYjqb it will tell you what you will need for the type of installation you are going to do. We hope this helps!
QuestionThe depth I have is 34" ... this one shows 36. Is that including the handle? Just want to make sure the base doesn't stick out. Don't care if the handle does.
- Answer Hi Bonnie, the Depth of this model dishwasher including the handle is 26 3/4". Here is the link to the dimension guide for this unit. It will show you all the space requirements for this particular model https://bit.ly/2SP7oUj Hope this helps!
- Answer Hi Bj. No the racks do not have foldable tines on the lower racks. We hope this helps
QuestionDoes this KitchenAid dishwasher have a built-in air gap? If not, which of the KitchenAid models have a built-in air gap?
- Answer Hi Cheryl, The unit does not have a built in air gap. We hope this helps.
- Answer Hello, This unit requires 120 Volts. We hope this helps.
QuestionDoes the second (middle) rack get water up into cups and glasses or is it just the first rack that does. If so, how?
- Answer Not sure but everything gets cleaned and the dishwasher is very quiet
- Answer Hello Cyndi, the unit does come with a cord to be connected to a direct wire. You can purchase a power cord kit to install to plug it into the outlet if hardwire is not an option. We hope this helps.
QuestionCan this dishwasher purchased in the US be compatible for use in the Caribbean based on electrical wiring?
- Answer Hi Ec, we make the recommendation to use any of our major appliances purchased here in the United States, in the USA and not outside due to different regulations and electrical codes. We hope this helps.
- Answer Hello Deborah! Please reach out to Best Buy Customer Care at 1-888-237-8289 for further assistance. We hope this helps.