Questions & Answers
- Answer No. Only the outside is waterproof, and only the outside is keyed, so someone can easily reach through a gate to unlock.
- Answer Kwikset Model: 99250-201 is a Kevo 2nd Generation lock. The 1st Generation model number is # 99250-001. The box will indicate 1st or 2nd Generation.
- Answer The Kevo comes with a tool to rekey your lock to your existing key. you can key all the locks to the same key. Link to video: https://www.howtogeek.com/322871/how-to-re-key-your-kwikset-smartkey-lock-to-your-previous-key/
QuestionCan this lock be installed on my gate not just my front door? Also if I am on vacation and I need to let someone in the house can I unlock door if I am 1000000 miles away Home many finger codes can I put on the lock?
- Answer Remote access is automatically enabled when you set up the Kevo Plus Gateway, as long as the network you are using has an Internet connection. With remote access enabled, you can control your Kevo Smart Lock from anywhere your iOS or Android device has an Internet connection. This includes other Wi-Fi networks or your mobile connection. When the Kevo App is launched outside your home, the App contacts the Kevo cloud, where it redirects the phone's request to the appropriate Kevo lock, and then you can see and control your Kevo Smart Lock. Please contact your local best Buy for pricing and availability.
- Answer Yes it can I love it very good
QuestionIf someone has my phone, stolen so to speak, will they be able to access my house since it just needs to be in proximity to the lock?
- Answer In theory, yes. Just like if someone stole your physical keys, they could access your house (assuming they know where it is).
QuestionJust received the 2nd gen kevo door lock.On website from Best Buy it says you get 2 keys and 1 fob.There wasnt any fob in the box.
- Answer Please contact Best Buy directly for any missing items from your order.
- Answer If you can wipe the cell phone remotely (IPhone allows this) you can recreate Administrtive rights on your new phone by resetting the Kevo to factory settings and setting the locks up from the original settings.
- Answer This lock only uses Bluetooth. There is no way to hook it up to a Wi-Fi network. If the batteries run out while you’re outside there are keys included and you can use it as a regular lock. The system gives you plenty of warning when the batteries are getting low so that you could change them before they run out.
Questioncan you put different people with their cellphones to lock and unlock doors and then remove individuals when they no longer need access to the doors?
- Answer Yes you can using the Kēvo app. You send the person you want to have access an email key where they have to download the app and sign up. Then you have to pair their phone to the Kevo lock. You as the lock owner can delete their key access at any time.
- Answer You can change the key