Questions & Answers
- QuestionWill this extender work with a router other than Linksys (11 Answers)
- QuestionHow far away can i plug the untit in from my router? (10 Answers)Answers
Hi, there. There's no specific distance and you no longer need any wires to install the unit. You just need to make sure that you place the extender midway between your router and the area without Wi-Fi and be sure that you have at least 50% of your router’s Wi-Fi signal on the place where you will set up the unit. You may check this link for more info: http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=156250.
- QuestionCan this range extender be used in series to relay signals from router to one range extender to a second range extender that is nearer to my devices? I still get a week or intermittant signal with using only one unit. My garage is 60 feet from the router? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionSo once I set this up and I click on Wifi on my phone to connect, I no longer choose the SSID name of the router and instead choose the SSID with the name RE6700_EXT ?? (5 Answers)Answers
Yes that is correct SheltieMom. This extender will have a new network name. The same as yours was before but w/ "_EXT" at the end. If you use the disk included and connect to the internet you can rename the network to whatever you want. You can also change which network you are connected to based off where you are in the house, using the one that has the strongest signal.
- QuestionDo you have to use this with a Linksys router or can u use it with any dual band router? i have my cable router and need to boost the signal it's an Arris modem (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the channel spread between the received signal and the transmitted signal? Can a single high gain omnidirectional antenna (15db) instead of the two 2db antennae provided with the product? (0 Answers)
- QuestionHow far is the reach, in feet? I am trying to extend my signal to outside 50-100 feet from home.I have a 2600 ft^2,router downstairs,an extender upstairs that works to extend only half of upstairs.Will placing Linksys outside door extend 50-100 ft? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDocsis 3.0 with dual. Will I need to change my ssid as I walk through the house? Will it increase my signal strength at the expense of speed (I heard all extenders do that)? I need the speed to make my Ring Pro work. (0 Answers)
- QuestionSo can the Ethernet port be used as an input from a router so that this extender becomes a wireless access point? I have Ethernet run to a room well out of the wireless range of my router and just repeating won't be sufficient. (2 Answers)
- QuestionCan you use the internet cable and the wifi ...at the same time...or does it cancel out? (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions