Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $112.49
The previous price was $149.99
QuestionWhat is the difference between this new Lively Smartphone and my current-year-old Jitterbug? Is it worth upgrading (i.e., spending the money?)
- Answer Great question! The new Lively Smart phone has the features you’ve grown to love on your Jitterbug – a list-based menu and large font, on a larger screen – with a new dual camera, a longer lasting battery and more memory for storage. The Lively Smart also has a dedicated voice assistant button so you can call or text using your voice, and help guides right on the phone if you ever need help using the features of your new phone. As with your Jitterbug Smart, you will still have access to Urgent Response and other health and safety services to help keep you connected, safe and healthy.
- Answer Great question! When activating the Lively Smart phone, you will need to be manually enter the contacts from your previous phone and our friendly Customer Advisors can assist with that.
QuestionI have a LG flip phone that I have used for more than a decade. Can my phone number and contact phone numbers be transferred to the Lively?
- Answer Great question! Lively allows you the option to transfer your cell or home phone number, as long as your number is still available. There are instructions on how to do so included with the box -- just make sure you do not cancel your previous service until the transfer is complete. The contacts would need to be manually entered and our friendly Customer Advisors can assist with that. To enjoy exclusive features that are only available on the Lively network, activate with Lively by phone or on the Lively website. Lively has a variety of plans with data so you can choose the one that works best for you.
QuestionDoes this phone actually weigh 1.5 ounces less than 10 pounds (160 ounces) as listed in the specifications? What super features makes it so heavy?
- Answer We appreciate you brining this to our attention and want to take this opportunity to clarify that the weight of our new Lively Smart phone is 5.6 ounces (158.76 grams).
QuestionEXACTLY HOW DOES THE " URGENT RESPONSE AND OTHER HEALTH AND SAFETY SERVICES TO HELP KEEP YOU CONNECTED, SAFE AND HEALTHY " WORK / OPERATE ?
- Answer Pressing then 5 star button is like calling an alarm company -- they answer and ask what you need -- police, ambulance, etc. If you hang up, they call you back to make sure you are okay. If you don't answer, they call anyone you have listed as a contact. They sent the police once to check on me because i never heard my phone ring and my roommate didn't know where I was. My cat has pushed the 5 star button SO MANY TIMES and i have never had any negative repercussions. If you want detailed answers on how the other services work, it's best to read the descriptions on the lively website and then call their customer service if you still have questions.
QuestionI'm a senior who does not use most of the bells and whistles on my smartphone. This seems to have everything I need. Is there some key feature that I might miss?
- Answer This sounds like the perfect phone for you! The Lively Smart includes everything you want to do, from calling and video chatting with family, to sharing photos and getting directions, organized in a single list on one screen with large, legible letters. It even features voice typing, which makes writing emails and texts effortless. The Google Play Store lets you download additional apps and there are also how-to guides right on the phone if you ever need help learning new features.
QuestionHow much is the monthly service?
- Answer Great question! Lively has a variety of plans with data so you can choose the one that works best for you. Our value plans are as low as $14.99 per month, with unlimited talk and text for $19.99 per month. A data plan is required for our smartphone, which you can add to either plan for as low as $2.49 per month. And with no long-term contracts or cancellation fees, you can switch plans at any time!
- Answer Verizon
QuestionARE THERE FEES ASSESSED FOR USING THE RED BUTTON? SPECIFICALLY FOR WHAT SITUATIONS AND HOW MUCH ARE THE FEES? THANK-YOU
- Answer The Five-star red button is available and free once you purchase a monthly Health and Safety package, the minimum of which costs $19.99/month. (I have this package.) I'm not sure if it even works unless you purchase a Health and Safety package. Once you have purchased the H&S package, you can have a discount on the text, minutes and data plans. I have the button, plus unlimited text and minutes, and 2 GB data for around $68/month from Lively (formerly called Great Call).
QuestionI can only hear my voicemail messages when I activate the speakerphone. I want to be able to hear them privately. Is there a specific volume control or other adjustment I need to make to hear my messages with the phone to my ear?
- Answer What a great question! Yes, you have the ability to listen to your voicemail messages both on and off speaker phone. When you want to listen to your voicemail messages, tap on “Voicemail” from the main menu and then tap on the message you would like to listen to. You will have two options presented to you; Play and Speaker. To listen to the message through the phone earpiece, tap on the “Play” option. To listen to the message through the speaker simply tap the “Speaker” option. For more details on the Lively Smart, please visit the support page of our website www.lively.com.
QuestionI'm using my LG Flip phone with Verizon. Can I keep Verizon? It seems to be the best network around where I live.
- Answer Lively is actually powered by the nation’s most reliable network (Verizon). To enjoy exclusive features that are only available on the Lively network, activate with Lively by phone or on the Lively website. Lively has a variety of plans with data so you can choose the one that works best for you. Lively even allows you the option to transfer your cell or home phone number, as long as your number is still available. There are instructions on how to do so included with the box -- just make sure you do not cancel your previous service until the transfer is complete.
- Answer The storage capacity on the Lively Smart phone is 32GB of internal memory and expandable up to 256GB. The Lively Smart does have pre-installed applications to play music, such as Play Music and Radio. You can also download music apps from the Google Play store. For information about the iPhone please check with that manufacturer.
QuestionMy mother in law wants a phone for games such as solitaire or word search ... does this phone have any
- Answer Great question! The Lively Smart comes preloaded with Brain Games powered by Posit Science®, a fun way to help sharpen your focus and improve your memory. Your mother-in-law will also have access to the Google Play Store to download the games she enjoys.
Questioni am thinking about getting the lively smartphone for my grandmother who does not have internet does she need internet in her home
- Answer There’s internet on phone it’s self. We don’t have internet where we live
QuestionI am buying the Jitterbug Smart 3 at Best Buy today. Do they set up the phone in the store? Or do I take it home and call Lively to set it up?
- Answer I believe that they will set the phone up for you at Best Buy if you have all of the correct information needed to create the account. In our case we were transferring phones and didn't have all of the information they needed when we bought the phone. We had to take the phone home and call Lively after we collected the necessary information.
QuestionHow does the video chat functionality work? How does an Iphone and this phone video chat each other for example?
- Answer Thank you for your question, the Lively Smart phone has a built-in front facing camera and the pre-installed app, WhatsApp, that is perfect for video chatting with family and friends. Just tap on the application under All Apps and follow the onscreen instructions. The WhatsApp is also available for iPhone users.
- Answer Thank you for your question! The Lively Smart phone uses the Chrome web browser.