Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes the migration software make the new drive bootable after the transfer (a true clone). Or does the migration only move the data files? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is required to transfer the data on the original HD in a PC to the SSD (e.g., harness , adapter, etc.)? (10 Answers)Answers
The drive includes the software, but you will need an additional SATA cable. You will need to install the Acronis software and then install the new hard drive using that extra SATA cable. Use the software to copy the contents from your old drive to the new SSD drive. Remove the old drive and you'll be running on the new drive.
- QuestionHi This disk work with a Macbook pro mid 2010 ?? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionThe description lists a spacer that comes with the SSD. What is the spacer for? Is it to mount the 2.5 SSD into a 3.5 slot? (10 Answers)Answers
In basic terms: Ultimately the spacer is for older laptop models that have "extra" space in the hd slot. You can put the ssd in place without it, however there may be room for the ssd to move around/rattle. With the spacer, that extra room is filled. With newer laptops you will not have this issue at all (laptops are so much thinner than they used to be). Older higher end laptops (MacBooks) that still have room for a 2.5" hd, won't need the spacer (usually there are bracket screws to put into place). If you are wanting to put this into a 3.5in slot: 1st check your computer case and see if it already can support 2.5in. If not, you will need a 2.5 to 3.5 bracket. You can grab them for less than 6 bucks on Amazon.
- QuestionWill this work as an internal HD in a full size PC? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have a Dell All-In-One Inspiron One 2330 that needs a new hard drive. The current hard drive is a 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate, can I replace it with this SSD? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf my desktop hard drive is a 1 TB, but has over 700G of free space, will I have any issue cloning to this 480G drive? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this ssd work in my lenovo y50-70, and if I clone it with my hdd does that mean every single thing is transferred, even the windows 10 operating system? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this work on a mid 2011 mac mini? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWill this work for Macbook Pro early 2015 models? (5 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions