QuestionWhy would you need this controller when it comes with controllers? Does this one do more than the one it comes with?
- Answer The Pro Controller doesn't come with some of the obscure freatures that the Joy Cons have, but it does have HD Rumble, an NFC Reader (for Amiibos), and apparently the battery last twice as long as the Joy Cons (the Joy Cons being 20 hours, and the Pro Controller being 40 hours), along with some other features. The Pro Controller is more comfortable and more accurate then the Joy Cons. You can especially see the difference between the controllers when playing a game like Splatoon 2 that has an emphasis on accurate shooting. Overall the Joy Cons are more casual, and the Pro Controller is more hardcore. Another little bonus is the wire that comes with the Pro Controller. The Pro Controller charges uses the same wire that charges the Switch, so you don't have to take part your Switch dock whenever you need a protable charger for your Switch.
- Answer Yes, It comes with a charging cable that connects to the controller and to the USB port of your Nintendo Switch.
- Answer Joycons are little and hard to control so much easier with the pro controller
QuestionDoes the buttons light up or glow in the dark on the pro controller ? I know most players have the controllers memorized, but I would always prefer to have some type of illumination in the dark.
- Answer No, the buttons do not light up or glow in the dark on the pro controller.
QuestionI've heard that the D-pad can be a problem. Mine seems fine, but is there a definitive way to tell if it's working properly?
- Answer I know that there's a controller calibration in the settings but that is for the sticks. I'd say if you use the d-pad in a game and it responds in all directions you have a working pad. Its not like its pressure sensitive, so its all or nothing with the pad. Mine hasn't given me any grief and I've used the daylights out of it and I can be pretty abusive to my gear.
QuestionPlaying Minecraft with 2 players requires a 2nd controller .Can this be used so that 2 players can play a game or do I need a 2nd Joy-Con controller?
- Answer This can be used as a secondary.
QuestionCan I use the controller when the switch is not docked or does it have to be dock in order for the controller to work
- Answer The Nintendo Pro Controller can be used whether the Switch is operating handheld, on a stand, or docked. Just like with the Joy-cons, you can simply choose which controller is paired in which player position. Happy gaming!
QuestionCan you hook a wired headset up to the controller or do I have to sit 3 feet from my console with this controller still
- Answer Unfortunately you still have to plug your headphones into the switch it self. Sony has very long cords for their headsets!
- Answer Any wireless pro controllers can work with the Switch Lite.
QuestionCan you connect 2 pro controllers to the same switch device? My son and his best friend like to play 2 player games like Minecraft and they both like to use the pro controller
- Answer yes you just have to pair both controls to the switch either by connecting with the cord or threw the controller settings.
- Answer You cant but there might be a wireless option available somewhere.
QuestionIs there any chance this controller will work with Nintendo Wii U? Having trouble finding this button layout for my console. 10/10 would buy if it will work. TLDR: WIll this controller work for Wii U? Anyone tried it?
- Answer Sorry, Switch Pro controllers are only compatible with the Switch, and will not work with the Wii U.