Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $649.99
QuestionDoes the 270 come assembled?
- Answer It is in a large box. You will need to assemble it. The main base is already assembled. You assemble the seat and peddles and handles etc. I just finished my assembly. I am over 60 years and it took me the best part of 2 hrs by myself. I took my time. The bolts are in a numbered wrapped shrink wrapped board. It has the tools except you may want a pair of scissors and box cutter - Instructions are mainly pictures but you really do not need much.
- Answer The seat stays level no matter where you have it, I don't slide at all.
- Answer The Schwinn 270 recumbent exercise bike has more resistance levels, programs, and user files over the 230 model. It also has a thicker padded seat and a backlit screen. Additionally, the 270 gives a better clearance when riding.
QuestionThinking of purchasing this for use in an apartment but have people living underneath us - it the bike noisy or cause much vibration?
- Answer We just purchased this bike and really like it. Although ours is in our shop on a cement floor, the operation is quiet and it seems very stable. I wouldn't think you would hear it on a floor below. You might purchase a rubber mat or rug to go under it just in case.
QuestionOn the schwinn recumbent bike back rest, can you adjust so it recline a little, or is the back rest no adjustment?
- Answer Hey Danno - The 270 recumbent seat can slide forward and backwards, but the angle of the seat back cannot be changed. We hope this helps! - Schwinn Fitness Team
- Answer It plugs into the wall socket
QuestionCan you use this bike without the explore the world app? I don't care about tracking performance overtime nor do I want to pay a subscription. I want something that I can see stats like distance in miles, rpm/speed and time spent etc while I'm using it
- Answer Yes, we only track usage data
QuestionWould it be hard for a 65 year old male to move this bike on carpeted floor it says bike weights almost 90 pound
- Answer I'm 72 years old and on the low end of the strength scale. That said, I can maneuver it but not particularly easily, especially on challenging materials like carpet. My last recumbent bike (a Nautilus) was a lot easier to move because it had bigger front wheels. However, the monitor was absolute crap (like in stopped working after awhile despite being replaced at least once). If they've fixed that issue, and the bike is at a reasonable price point, it might also be worth considering.
QuestionDoes the bike need a floor mat under it to protect the floor or to keep it from shifting while in use?
- Answer It has base bars and it will not likely shift or slide. You can get a mat if you are concerned about a marble of tile floor . I have a mat for the carpet but it was not required -
QuestionIs this a good bike for an older person. Is it possible to have this bike delivered and assembled.
- Answer This bike would be easy for an elderly person to use as long as they can get up from a low position. As far as delivery, yes....it can be delivered by Best Buy but not sure about assembly. If possible, I would recommend getting it assembled through them or another service. Although the instructions were easy to follow, it is an 8 on the difficulty scale in my opinion.
- Answer the weight limit is 300 lbs. Over that and the warranty for one year is voided. the height is 50 in. The base is 22 in and the seat width including the cup holding is 28 in wide.
QuestionHow do I connect to oculus quest 2 VZFit program via bluetooth? Oculus Experimental bluetooth pairing sees the schwinn bike and asks for a code, 0000 or 1234 but there is no keyboard to enter code on the oculus or the schwinn 270.
- Answer Probably not. My bike came with an app recommendation, but it doesn’t work, I can’t even get it to download. So the Bluetooth doesn’t work. It’s my only complaint with the bike.
QuestionSeat torque. I watched workout videos of the Schwinn 270. Constant side to side rocking; happens also w/commercial gym recumbents. But, worried seeing the seat 'frame' rocking/torqueing against bike frame. How long before it breaks? Repairable? Cost?
- Answer Hi, The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike comes with a 5 year warranty on the frame and you can purchase additional coverage with the protection plan. – The Nautilus Team
QuestionCan the bike be used without any wi-fi connection? The location will be out of range. We just want to pedal and be able to change the resistance.
- Answer Yes, does not connect via Wi-Fi. Can use Bluetooth to sync to phone, but not needed.