Questions & Answers
- Questionwhat is the transfer speed? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan data be placed on the harddrive prior to connecting it to the home network either directly from an external hdd or a laptop/desktop (5 Answers)
can data be placed on the harddrive prior to connecting it to the home network either directly from an external hdd or a laptop/desktop. It takes to long to do it via a network/wifi connection if it isn't any faster than its previous incarnationAnswers
- QuestionDoes Seagate provide the cloud storage free for the life of the device or do you have to buy it every year from Seagate or another cloud storage provider? (0 Answers)
- QuestionDoes it have to be connected directly to the modem (4 Answers)
- Questionis the Seagate cloud my personal cloud connected to my server only, And 2. How much of the 5tb is in the cloud vs the physical hard drive . OR are both my cloud and the physical drive both storing the same pics and info? (2 Answers)Answers
I would expect that the Seagate cloud storage would be shared. I don't know for sure, but expect you can set it up with encryption. http://www.seagate.com/manuals/network-storage/seagate-personal-cloud/backup-manager/ http://www.seagate.com/support/network-attached-storage/home-network/personal-cloud/ The box of an ordinary Seagate drive identifies the actual amount of storage on the drive itself. Often these include offers for *additional* storage on the cloud for some limited period of time, often for one year. Note that Seagate also offers cloud storage appliances, which are different than a drive with an offer for use of some separate cloud storage. A more specific answer would require the exact Seagate model number that you are considering.
- QuestionCan this be used as a Plea server? (3 Answers)Answers
You can, but once you start streaming movies then the performance is simply not there for the Seagate to deliver since it has to encode/decode the movie all while streaming. TV shows? Oh yeah, easily. But let's say you have a Blu-Ray rip of let's say a 2-3 hour movie? Forget it. Not happening. Too much processing power for the drive to handle.
- QuestionDoes this drive have an RJ-45 Ethernet connectivity port? Or do you need a USB to RJ-45 adapter to use this as a NAS? (4 Answers)
- QuestionRaw photos in my new workhorse Mac Eating memory. use external drives they are ok.transferred raw files to Dropbox hoping cloud would free up memory. now computer warns most memory isDropbox confused.Thought cloud is ok? Will this product be better (2 Answers)Answers
How much memory are you using? The 1TB External Hard drive will help but you might want to consider splitting up you Data/memory to more than one place. Like using Dropbox, Cloud and this device if you need to transfer files not on the internet.
- Questioncan multiple devices stream at the same time? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes the My Cloud on this Seagate HD work like Dropbox? (4 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions