QuestionIs this the speaker that I would want to add to my Sonos beam to get surround sound. Or is there a better speaker to add and do I need two of these for that.
- Answer Yes, you can clearly add (2) Sonos One SLs to generate a home theater surround sound. You will need (2) of them. One for the R-rear channel and the other for the L-rear channel. If your room is smaller, this with a Sonos subwoofer will be fine. If your room is very large, you could have (2) Play 5’s for your left and right rear channels. However, the price jumps up considerably with a set of Play 5s.
QuestionSo it’s called wireless but it needs to be hooked up to power to work? If so can you recommend an actual wireLESS outdoor speaker?
- Answer The Sonos Move is a wireless speaker that can work over your WiFi network or over Bluetooth for up to 10 hours without being connected to power. It includes a charging cradle that makes it easy to take the speaker with you all around your home and return it to its most used spot to recharge and still provide music.
- Answer The Sonos One is compatible with Airplay 2 and will play content directly from iOS devices that use Airplay 2 as well!
QuestionI have a large retail store, I want to put a few speakers up for some background noise. Would I just need to purchase 4 or 5 of these -and just these- or do I need to purchase some kind of central unit (receiver?) They will be stretched about 50ft apart.
- Answer I would start with this, but if you run into any issues with drop outs you can always add the Sonos Boost ($99) which will make your signal even stronger.
QuestionI’m looking for a speaker that I can take to the gym and easily WiFi/Bluetooth for fitness classes. Is this speaker an option for me?
- Answer Hi, and thank you very much for reaching out with a question! This speaker is designed to work off of wifi. It plugs into the wall for power, and uses wifi to stream. If you have access to the wifi at your gym/fitness classes then you could technically use this. You'll need to set it up on wifi wherever you take it. It's designed to stay in the home however. We would recommend the Sonos Move for this scenario. The Move works off of both wifi and Bluetooth and is designed to be on-the-go.
QuestionI use a MacBook for binge watching Amazon Prime, YouTube video's, streaming music, etc.. Can I pair the Sonos - One SL for stereo sound on my 2020 MacBook??
- Answer Hi, and thank you for your question. You could stereo pair the One SL in the Sonos app. Then, airplay2 from your mac to the One SL's. Same goes for Youtube music. You can also sign into youtube music in our app.
- Answer I bought a Sonos one SL in December, liked it so much I then got Sonos one Gen 2. Set it up and the 2 are a stereo pair in the app. Once you create the stereo pair , music has to be the same on each. But setting them up as stereo pair seemed to work fine.
- Answer The One SL lacks a microphone to function as an Alexa or Google-type smart speaker, and is a little cheaper. The One will support either Alexa or Google services.
QuestionWe have a whole-house Sonos System which operates from an app on our computer/iPad. We'd like to add a speaker in the bedroom--will this work and how do we connect to our existing system?
- Answer Yes, it will work; when you plug in the new Sonos speaker it will let you select which room it is in and connect with your system.
QuestionMy question,“I'm looking for a wifi speaker that can play sound from a television program I'm watching for music I'm listening to from my iPad. II received an answer, ..you would need to purchase the Sonos Beam... Could you provide a product number?
- Answer You can find the Sonos Beam on bestbuy.com by searching for Sonos Beam. The model number is BEAM1US1BLK and the Best Buy SKU is 6253409.
QuestionDoes this have Alexa built in??? It will sit next to my current alexa and I don't want them to interfere with each other.
- Answer The Sonos One SL does not have a microphone to receive and execute Alexa commands but you will be able to control it with your current Alexa device. This means you can control the speaker with your current Alexa device and there will not be any interference between the two.
QuestionI have a Vizio model SB3651-F6 sound bar and subwoofer are the Sonos speakers compatible with this unit as rear speakers?
- Answer No only pairs with sonos
QuestionI have a pioneer receiver and sound bar and 2 speakers. Will Sonos speaker hook up to this system so I can play music from my phone to the current speakers inside and the sonos speaker outside my home simultaneously?
- Answer The Sonos speaker would work independently of your Pioneer reciever. However we sell a device called a Connect that would connect to your receiver to play music through it.
QuestionWe have a sound bar. If I want to give my husband a gift, can I buy one speaker for more surround sound? Which one?
- Answer I would definitely buy the Sonos sub to compliment the playbar. Believe me when I tell you that by adding the sub it changes the sound completely. You WILL notice the thump/bass while watching movies or playing music.
- Answer No. There is no battery. It needs to be hooked up to a power supply always.
Questioncan I use 2 Sonos SL Wireless Smart Speakers [ create sterio sound ] from my smart tv using airplay2
- Answer Theoretically yes? If you have an apple tv you can airplay to the One SL's after you've set them up in a stereo pair. This may result in lag and delay from your tv. For the price though we would recommend just paying a little bit more and purchase a Beam. You'll get a dedicated cetner array for dialog so voices are easier to hear.