I'd like to give this thing 0 stars, but the vacuum does seem to pick up what it reaches. Also, I don't think that I am allowed to post a review and warn mankind of the fallacy that is Bobi without giving at least one star. And now, the long list of negatives...
I've had my Bobi Pet for about a year now and have tried endlessly to make a success of this thing. but the many elements of my dissatisfaction seem to have no recourse:
1) it only makes it back to the charging station ~10% of the time. Not only do I usually end end up manually connecting it back to the station but when I place Bobi directly in front of the charging station and press "juice" it will move away from the charging station EVERY TIME! I've attempted resyncs so many times that I can't begin to count them and there's never any success. In fact, once the 'juice' cycle begins it seems that going back to the charging station is the last thing that it ever wants to do; it simply meanders around the house like a lost fool.
2) It knows enough to not crush the ends of our vertical blinds, yet it'll attempt to move our piano endlessly; sometimes it comes to its virtual senses and moves away, but many times I have to physically move it away so it can proceed.
3) It has the strength to move our coffee table and uses that strength every time. You would think that it would bump it once or twice and realize that it's not a lying pet and proceed, but instead it moves the table, knocking over anything that is on the table. We had a small crystal piece on the table that was knocked over and broken thanks to Bobi.
4) I have a large bird cage and this Bobi beast has the strength to move it. Of course, like the table and piano it bumps into the cage, then bumps it again, then realizes it can move it, does so, and scares the birds. So here's my chance to use the virtual wall. Well, that wall is junk. It does appear to work at first but the problem is that Bobi doesn't remember where it had previously vacuumed and goes back to the spot again and again. Eventually, the wall powers itself off and on one of those trips, you guessed it, the cage is moved. Essentially, if I don't want my cage moved I have to sit and watch for Bobi to attack the cage. Not convenient at all if I have to endlessly monitor its movements. There are also times when I turn on the wall and place it in front of the cage and literally 2 minutes later Bobi will come to that place and cross right over the line while the wall still appears to be on!
5) Continuing on the hapless wandering, I have other robotic cleaners and they all seem to have no issue charting where they've been and not going back to those spots, ensuring that the whole floor is cleaned. Not Bobi. That moron will go back to the same spot 5/10/20/endless times while ignoring other spots completely. Every time I run the vacuum I look for places on the floor with visible dirt or add my own to see if it gets them, and she NEVER gets all of the spots. Never. Not once.
6) Bobi CONSTANTLY gets stuck under the dining room table. We even move the chairs out in order to make room but for some reason that stupid vacuum gets stuck very frequently and beeps in distress, making one of us physically move it to a clear area. At that point, as stated in point #5 she will very likely go back under the table and get stuck again.
I could probably go on and on but I think I've made the point clear; my assumption is that ANY OTHER ROBOT VACUUM would be better than this piece of junk. If you want one for free, just wait outside my house...I'll be throwing mine out the window very soon.
BTW, as I typed this Bobi was riding around the floor on 'juice' and yet again, stopped in the middle of the floor in lost despair. My wife had to pick it up and connect it to the charging station manually....again. If I had a dime for each time this has happened I could have bought a high-line iRobot.