Questions & Answers
- Answer That's a subjective question. Let me put it this way, it sounds great for an 8" woofer. Do not expect the same sound you would get from a full-enclosure 12'' woofer. But it is much better than just your stock speakers. Very nice sound
QuestionCan you use those with everything else stock?Just bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ crew cab. Wondering if I can use this without needed a new deck and speakers.
- Answer Yes, Most stock head units don't have preamp output, so you would just splice the Kicker's signal wires to the appropriate speaker wires. Then select to use High Level inputs on the Kicker Hideaway. Connect the power wire (with fuse) to your battery, and the ground wire to the car's chassis. When installed this way the amp will turn on when it detects input signal. There is no need for a Line Output Converter.
QuestionI have a factory head unit with speaker line connections to a 4 channel amp that then runs to the 4 door speakers. At what point in this chain do I tap into the speaker wires with this sub?
- Answer I tapped directly into my rear speaker wires without any issues. You also have the option to power the unit with RCA cables. It's capable of receiving either Hi (speaker-level) or Low-level (RCA) signals from your source unit and then you just set the Input Level switch on the side panel to match the outputs of your source unit. If you use RCA cables from the kicker into the back of your stereo, you don't tap into your speakers. If you go that route, you do have to connect the remote turn-on lead using 18 gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead on your source unit to the terminal labeled REM on the power harness. If you tap into your speakers, you don't need the remote turn-on wire and you set the kicker to DC Offset.
Questionhow can i replace the speaker in the hideaway mines blown can i just buy the speaker if yes how can i please
- Answer Same here. Mine lasted a year until the speaker blew. I never really even played it too loud. Was curious though if easy to replace the sub.
QuestionI am looking to increase the sound in my 2016 Nissan Frontier.... Could this fit under my passenger seat? Or potentially my back seat? The truck is a SV Crew Cab.
- Answer Well the sub measures 9 3/8" X 13 7/8" X 3 1/8" . So if you have that space, then yes, it will fit.
QuestionCan this speaker be mounted to a flat metal bar in the roof of a side by side UTV ? Are there mounting holes on the back ?
- Answer Yes the sub has a lot versatility for mounting on different surfaces. It is well worth the effort and price I spent on this product it's very good.
- Answer You should not need to upgrade your battery. The amp is 150 watts, which is pretty minimal change to power draw on battery.
- Answer Yes, it is tight but it will fit. When I bought my first one I had a 2014 Honda Accord.
QuestionI have a 99 wrangler tj could I fit this under my back bench seat I'm looking for a sub that I can fit and if you have any other suggestions please let me know
- Answer I think it would fit nicely. It’s great tucked under my drivers seat of my gmcsavana van
QuestionI have an f150 crew cab Under my back seat is a sub with built in amp... Will this fit and be a good replacement?
- Answer Yes, it's a great sub. You will be pleased
- Answer One Kicker Hideaway works great, especially when space is an issue, but its kinda pricey. If you really want to thump hard and turn heads and have the space, then a more traditional setup with a separate amp and Sub would be a better option and probably less money than two Kicker Hideaways.
QuestionDo I need to run a power supply line to the unit or can I simply tap into speaker level inputs?
- Answer It needs power from the battery.