Questions & Answers
- QuestionI just purchased this laptop and it stated that it had a backlit keyboard. I am having trouble figuring out how to make the keyboard light up. I don't see any buttons for it. Thanks! (5 Answers)
- QuestionDes this PC have a lighted keyboard? (4 Answers)Answers
NO NO NO NO NO It does NOT have a backlit keyboard. Everyone is getting mixed up with this one wrongly worded description of its DISPLAY, not keyboard. READ: 14" 10-point multitouch screen for hands-on control Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. LED backlight. Where it says "LED Backlit" that means it has an LED display panel that is a backlit type of display panel, NOT a backlit keyboard. I can understand how this is very deceiving, but let me say, this little PC is a very well priced laptop, with a redesigned Pentium chip that throws quite a punch at the web. It isn't a gaming PC, so don't expect all the bells and whistles you'd normally get out of a gaming PC, but keep in mind the price. For what you are paying, this has quite a lot of other features a laptop at this price doesn't offer. It has DDR4 at 2133 MHz, most are still at DDR3 at 1600 MHz, so its RAM is new and faster, easier to grab information and store it while you are web browsing, opening up apps, etc. Also this has a dual band wireless card, which is amazing for this price. It is almost too hard to believe this is at this price point on BestBuy. But please, read the specs, it doesn't say anywhere on this page that it has a backlit keyboard.
- Questionwhy doesn't it include dvd/cd drive (3 Answers)Answers
I agree with the previous posters, it doesn't offer a DVD drive being it is so lightweight and compact, however, it is offering a lot of other features that laptops, at this price, do not, such as DDR4 RAM, Wireless AC Dual Band, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. You can easily buy a USB DVD Writeable external drive for a mere 40 USD. It has 2, not one USB 3.0 ports, and that is because it has a fantastic Pentium new designed chip, more powerful that some i3 and i5 s. This PC throws a great punch at the web, you will not be disappointed. It has fast boot time, fast memory, and fast wireless, all the 3 components you need to enjoy your laptop experience. By the way, it can power an HD Monitor at 1080P with the HDMI out, so don't be disappointed it doesn't offer a DVD drive, as you can see, it compensates for not having one, and at this price, this is well worth buying an external DVD Writeable USB drive for just a few bucks extra. Hope that helps.
- QuestionWhat kind of processor does it have? (3 Answers)Answers
I cannot agree more with the previous post by Pineapple, this new redesigned Pentium processor does better than expected, even by Intel standards. Remember, we haven't seen a Pentium in vogue for quite a while now with the i x cores, but this new processor was purposely built for mobile devices, and it runs very cool, and smooth, performs much better than I ever expected. I benchmarked it at 3000 which is much more than expected, and this also has DDR4 RAM (You can add more). DDR4 runs at 2133 MHz as opposed to most PCs we still see on BestBuy that are still selling DDR3 at 1600 MHz, so combined with a new Pentium, and new RAM, this throws quite a punch at running daily apps, like email, Office, movies or video clips online, web-browsing, web-apps, etc... A well equipped CPU, and for very little money, amazing. Pus you also get AC dual band wireless...
- Questiondoes this laptop get hot quickly? if so, if it gets too hot will it automatically turn off? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this laptop good for the first year of college? (2 Answers)Answers
That depends on the course of study. This system would not be good for CAD, graphic design or image or video editing. This system would be able to do Microsoft Office Projects: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. If it is within your budget, a faster processor than the Pentium in this system would be recommended. Consider a Core I-5 processor based system if it is within your budget.
- Questioncan the 4gb ram and 500gb harddrive be upgraded? ssd? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I reasign keys on keyboard? I want to change the page up key to shift (2 Answers)Answers
Downloaded Key Tweak from TuCows.com. Key Tweak worked perfectly to reassign the right shift key to the up arrow, and vice versa. Very easy... resolved in less than 5 mins. Now I am back to typing naturally without having to overextend my right pinkie finger to press the right shift key.
- QuestionCan this thing really flip a full 360 degrees so that the keyboard is flat against the back of the screen like a tablet? Can't tell from the pictures. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this laptop suitable for gaming? I can't tell online (3 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions