Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $119.99
- Answer Hello Belinda. The remote can do different things depending on how you have the speakers connected. With the 3.5mm aux cable, the remote will simply control the volume. If connected via USB or Bluetooth, it can Play, Pause, Skip Forward, Go Back, adjust the bass, and of course volume. Here is a video demonstrating the wireless remote: https://youtu.be/ThimnhyWF4k
QuestionMine periodically make a poping noise from the subwoofer. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if it's interference with other bluetooth/ frequencies?
- Answer Hello Drusiph, A popping noise from the subwoofer indicates a power mismatch in the circuit. The popping noise occurs as the amplifier tries to produce more voltage than it can to meet the demands of the subwoofer. A power mismatch is not the only issue that causes a popping noise from the subwoofer. The noise may also be due to loose connections in the circuit. If this noise persists, than please visit this link: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055951254-Warranty-Z407-Bluetooth-Computer-Speakers-with-Subwoofer-and-Wireless-control. This is the link to the 1-year limited hardware warranty that the Z407 comes with. Hope that this helped and that all is going well. Best Regards, Richard from Logitech
QuestionCan the Z407 connect three Bluetooth devices and switch between them simultaneously like the Z337 did?
- Answer Hello, the Z407 can only connect to one BT device at a time.
QuestionCan this be set up using the speakers in different areas of a room? Example: one on desk and one 10 feet away on a shelf.
- Answer Yes and No. Each speaker has a 6 ft. cable that attaches to the back of the sub. You could get the system, and then possibly find an RCA extension cable to put one speaker 10 ft. away.
QuestionI have an older laptop with 4.0 bluetooth. Will this Z407 2.1 system pair my laptop? I saw it say something about 5.0 bluetooth I suspect it's backwards compatible but wanted to be sure before purchase. Thank you.
- Answer Hello Wils, Yes, the Logitech 407 Bluetooth Computer Speaker System with Wireless Control will work with work with your older laptop via Bluetooth 4.0. You can also connect via 3.5mm input or through the Micro-USB input (Micro USB cable is not included). Z407 is a nice speaker set, I hope you enjoy it. For further assistance, please visit the Logitech support website. Best regards, John at Logitech
QuestionWhile our desktop is hardwired to the Z407, can I Bluetooth in from my laptop too? We just bought this system because our understanding is it is suppose to do this. The hardwired desktop works beautifully, but I cannot get the laptop to Bluetooth in.
- Answer You should be able to. I play music on my cell phone connected via Bluetooth to the speakers.
QuestionCan this be connected using only usb? I'm trying to cut down on cords, but my PC is older and does not have blue tooth built in.
- Answer My laptop is also too old for BT. I used the 3.5 wired option. Works great.
QuestionWhen connected via bluetooth, can phone call audio be played through speakers? if so, does the phone act as the microphone?
- Answer I havn't used that feature if it is available, sorry.
QuestionI'll be on a zoom call or at a board meeting and in the middle of someone talking, the speakers just go silent. I have to press the round remote to wake them up again. It always happens when there is someone talking so it's not like it's silent.
- Answer If you connect the Z407 speakers via the provided speaker cable to the sound port on your PC, do the speakers still "go silent?" If they do NOT still go silent (stay connected through the session), then the issue is NOT with the Z407 speakers. It is rooted in the settings of your Bluetooth transmitter being used by the PC. This is a common problem when using Blootooth headsets and speakers with PCs (they go to "sleep). Research "setting buetooth speakers to DEFAULT speakers" to see if there is a way that the Bluetooth transmitter being used by the PC will allow it to RECONNECT and/or STAY CONNECTED to the Z407 speakers when returning from "sleep" or "standby" mode. You may have to just use the tried and true method of using the supplied speaker cable to you PC if that doesn't work on your machine. Good luck!
- Answer Most likely. Depending on you record player, they can be connected via AUX cable, or with bluetooth if you have an adapter/transmitter.
QuestionHow do u turn off the speaker system does it just stay on or does it have an auto off and on function.
- Answer I don't think it has an on/off switch. Mine is plugged into a surge suppressor which I use as a power switch. Works for me.
QuestionCurrently have inexpensive 2 piece system with poor sound quality especially in bass. Would system with subwoofer work better?
- Answer Yes, the bass sound is perfect for any home installation.
QuestionWould the sound be powerful and clear enough in a classroom setting? Basically to play videos and audio practice for foreign language classes. Thank you.
- Answer Powerful enough? Probably not. Clear enough? Nope. I doubt that this system would stand up to any classroom I've ever been in. Classrooms usually have very unforgiving acoustics, and I think they are just too big with too much empty space. That would mean that this system might be completely inappropriate for teaching something as subtle and nuanced as a language.
QuestionAm i to understand that i still have wired speakers? This setup sounds very much like the only "bluetooth" element is the remote. im looking for speakers i can place at different locations in the same room.
- Answer The L/R stereo speakers must be wired to the subwoofer. The subwoofer can be connected via Blutooth or the provided standard PC sound cable, and placed anywhere in your room. The subwoofer can also be connectied via a mini USB connector, then to the USB port on your device, and at that point would replace the standard (provided) sound cable as the connection point. Bluetooth works very well for these speakers and the wireless control puck on a PC. The L/R speaker cables are 8' long.
- Answer Bluetooth 3.5 inch jack USB
QuestionI have a music server on my desk with headphone jack and BT output. Can I hardwire the speakers to the server with the headphone jack and connect to the computer by BT, so I can switch back and forth without moving hardware (not at same time, obvs)?
- Answer Yes it has a input port and comes with the wire.