Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $34.99
The previous price was $49.99
- Answer I say yes.. Both the sound and Google assistant are so much better, those two make the upgrade worth it alone.
- Answer the nest mini is just the upgraded model. better sound, a mounting cutout in the back, and lighting indicators to let you know you're touching the right place to adjust the volume. totally worth it! :)
- Answer Yes, but you do need to have a phone and download Google Home. The music is pretty nice, weather, sleep sounds, alarms, timers, and reminders. All good.
QuestionHello...if i purchased 5 of these google nest mini’s(2nd generation), if i ask it to play music, can i get all five speakers to sync together and play same music at the same time or would i have to command each and every nest mini? Thanks in advance
- Answer Absolutely! You can sync music on all 5 of your Google Nest Minis by creating a speaker group in the Google Home app. After you create the speaker group, simply say “Ok Google, play music on <group name>" to initiate playback on your home group. To learn more about creating groups and all the compatible devices, check out this support article: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7174267
QuestionWill the Google Nest Mini work abroad In countries with 220v ? The plug can always work in a adapter.
- Answer Nest Mini has a power supply range of 100-240V, but Nest Mini specs and features are optimized for the countries you can purchase Nest Mini. You can check the countries Nest Mini is available here : https://support.google.com/store/answer/2462844
- Answer Short answer- the 2nd gen NEST mini has a bigger and better sounding speaker. and power is now using a 15VDC NEST 120VAC power supply, while the old HOME mini used USB 5V.
- Answer I never checked on that maybe 25-50 feet
QuestionCan it make phone calls?
- Answer Yes. You can make calls to friends, family, and businesses with your voice. There are three different ways speakers and displays can make calls. Availability varies by country. You can check this link for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9849261
Questionwould this be worth it to get for routines, power strips and lights? or eh just stick to app control for those?
- Answer Absolutely! Nest Mini gives you the power to control your smart home devices using voice commands, and you still get to control your smart devices using the Google Home app. Using Routines, you can get multiple things done automatically. You can schedule a Routine for when you need it, or start it any time with a command. Here's an article on how you can set up and use Routines: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7029585
QuestionHow is the second generation version different? What is the best one to buy for a first time buyer?
- Answer They are nearly the same: same size and features. The Gen 2 has a round slot for regular power adapter while the Gen 1 has a micro USB slot for powering and could therefore be powered in more ways. Gen 1 had some issues with bricking (mine did, ended up in the trash and replaced it with Gen 2) so I’d go for Gen 2.
- Answer Nest Mini is a Bluetooth-enabled device and can connect to any device that supports Bluetooth® 5.0. You just need to pair it with your phone or tablet using the Google Home app or from your phone's settings. You can check this link for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7381505
QuestionWill it play an audio book from the Audible app on my phone via Bluetooth? My wifi isn't the best.
- Answer Yes. You can pair your phone via Bluetooth. However, since Nest Audio speakers are Wi-Fi dependent device you still need internet connection to initiate the pairing. Check this link for more details: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7381505
- Answer The simple answer is, yes. YouTube Music is the default music player and you can select genre without a subscription, With a subscription, you can select specific songs to wake up to. You can also select music/songs from Spotify and Pandora with subscriptions. And you can also select specific songs from your own personal music library as wake up music.
- Answer Absolutely! You can still use Nest Mini even if you don't have other Google smart devices. You will need to set it up using the Google Home app in your phone/tablet and you can use most of its features, including asking it questions, playing games, playing music, adjusting volume, and much more. Take a look at the following link to learn more about setting up Nest Mini: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7029485
QuestionCan you sync google home 1st generation and a google nest mini 2nd generation? If you can please tell me how please. It's for my elderly mom. Thank you so much
- Answer Yes, you can connect your Google Home and Google Nest Mini through the Google Home app. You can then enjoy fun features like creating a speaker group for your devices to synchronize music or broadcast messages to everyone in your home on all of your Google Home speakers. Just connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network and set them up using the same email address. Check out how to set up devices here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9159862
QuestionCan I connect to wifi for Google assistant services and to my Bluetooth transmitter on TV to get tv sound close to bed at night at the same time?
- Answer Google Nest Mini's Bluetooth is intended to connect to phones and tablets. Currently, Bluetooth transmitter on a TV is not a supported device.
QuestionI have three other google home mini first generation. Will 2nd generation work with first generation?
- Answer Yes, they work with 1st gen. seamlessly. No problems!