Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes it work with Xfinity Internet? (3 Answers)
- QuestionWe live in Germany - Is this dual voltage or 110/220 v? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf I already have an Orbi Router AND Satellite. Can I purchase this and add it to my existing network? Or is there a separate "satellite" Orbi that has to be purchased if it is to be used with an existing network? I hope this make sense? (4 Answers)Answers
If you already own an Orbi router and satellite set and require additional coverage, you do have the option of adding a second satellite in a satellite-router-satellite configuration where the satellites connect directly to the centrally located router (NOTE: Satellites require a direct connection to the router and cannot be daisy-chained to each other).
- QuestionA ? from a previous answer:"if you already own an Orbi router and satellite and require additional coverage, you can add a 2nd satellite in a satellite-router-satellite config". Does this mean the 2nd Sat. has to be plugged directly in like the first? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI live in a 1500 sq ft home.. is one Orbi Router acceptable? I play video games a lot. I have been utilizing this one Orbi with an ArrisSB6190. 348mbps Download Speed. 23mb Upload/Spectrum & Speed test. (1 Answer)Answers
The RBR50 Orbi router was designed to cover approximately 2,500 sq. ft., so you should be fine with the single router placed centrally in your home. If you need to place it closer to one end of the house and notice a weak signal where your gaming device is located, we would recommend adding on an RBS50 (Orbi satellite).
- QuestionI have Verizon Fios; Can a luddite connect the Orbi and a satellite? I'd love to extend Wi-Fi into the back yard or pool area. (1 Answer)Answers
The Orbi router will require a direct connection to your home's modem via Ethernet cable. The satellite is designed to connect wirelessly to the Orbi router. Each device will cover approximately 2,000 sq. ft. Additionally, you have the option of either turning off your Fios WiFi signal and strictly using the Orbi's signal (recommended) or you can run the Orbi in Access Point mode alongside your Fios router. Instructions to set up the Orbi in AP mode are located beginning on page 72 of the User Manual: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#docs. If you choose to do so, instructions for disabling the Wi-Fi on your FIOS router can be found here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31100?cid=wmt_netgear_organic.
- QuestionCan it work with Spectrum internet? If so, will it overide my existing internet which could cause network issues? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it work with optimum online (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this work with Verizon dsl (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes your store install the NetGear Orbi? I have Spectrum internet. (1 Answer)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions