Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.99
QuestionCan this device detect motion if I set it up behind a window? Basically there will be a glass window between the camera and the outdoor.
- Answer It will still detect motion, BUT.... At night, you will need to turn off the infrared light because it will only reflect off the glass.
- Answer There’s no definitive answer to this. There are many factors such as where you’re router is located in reference to the camera and if there are obstructions in the way such as numerous walls. However you should be good for at least 30 plus feet. If unsure, take a device that uses WiFi to the location where you will be placing the camera. If the device is getting a decent WiFi signal then you should be fine.
QuestionCan I splice the power cable that goes into the camera on a (3rd Generation Stick Up indoor/ outdoor Camera) ? I don’t want to have to drill a huge 1 inch hole into my brick wall above the garage in order to connect the power cable to the camera.
- Answer Yes you can. Spliced all 4 of my stick up cams to install through stucco, without making a huge hole .
QuestionDoes it comes with some screws for the wall mount or we only have to stick it up to the wall?
- Answer It actually only comes with a mounting bracket and screws to stick on the wall. I know “stick up” cam is confusing. I assumed it was some sort of double sided tape.
- Answer Yes....waterproof and weatherproof. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for performance. Doesn't always alert when there is movement.
- Answer There is an option within the Ring app to invert the image, so you can mount it upside down and simply flip the image. I have done this on some of my cameras.
- Answer Yes you can.
- Answer It has a long wire that you can just plug it in
QuestionIf you have a battery stickup cam, can it be converted to a power cord? Can you just buy a power cord?
- Answer Yes you can buy a cord from ring for power or you can get a solar panel for it as well. Look on ring.com, Amazon or best buy.
- Answer Hello Amber, Happy to help. If the Ring Stick Up Cam is unplugged it will automatically start using the battery if it get unplugged. Just remember, the more events captured by your Ring Stick Up Cam, the more your battery is used to power the live HD Video stream to your device. Antonio from Ring
- Answer As I understand it as a ring owner of 5 camera, only one being the a stick up camera, is $3 a month per camera or you can sign up for a year $100 all cameras which is what we did. Hope that was helpful
- Answer Hello Chris, Yes. Simply open your preferred web browser, go to ring.com, and log in to your account. You’ll be able to access Live View and get motion alerts, ding notifications, and all the latest features on ring.com – no app updates necessary. As part of this change, the desktop app will be discontinued in the first half of 2022. More details can be found here: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059615351-Ring-Desktop-App-will-be-Discontinued-in-2022. Also, Ring Community was launched to help deliver the most current news and educational information to our neighbors. This online forum is divided into four categories: Product Boards, Ring Updates, Tips + Tricks, and a Moderators’ Corner. The Product Boards are where you can begin new topics with your questions or feedback; there is also a search option that helps you find topics that have already been posted by other neighbors. We invite you to visit our site at https://community.ring.com/ today! All the best, Antonio from Ring
QuestionDoes the camera turn on from motion from both sides? One is set up in my house to be put outside and is faced away, yet it still detects movement from the white side.
- Answer Helly Jaay, Great question! The Ring Stick Up Camera has a 150 degree horizontal and 85 degree vertical field of view. It can sit on its own stand or be mounted to a wall or ceiling, but works best when approximately 9 feet of the ground. Here is more detailed information about this device: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035469751-Stick-Up-Cam-Wired-Information. Further, the Stick Up Cam uses infrared motion capturing to detect motion within its field of view. You can use the Ring app to determine the Stick Up Cam's motion detection range and the specific zones where motion will trigger a smart alert. These settings help ensure that the Stick Up Cam will capture the events you want to see and ignore the ones you don't. Here is an article that walks you through how to properly set your motion detection within the Ring App: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213106363-How-to-Set-Up-Motion-Detection-for-Your-Stick-Up-Cam. For any additional installation questions or set up concerns, please feel free to reach out on our community forum at https://community.ring.com/. Thank you, Alexis with Ring
QuestionCan I turn this camera on and off from my Ring app? For example, if I am home, I do not want it to give me notifications when I myself am walking around the room. I only want a notification of movement when I am NOT home. Is this possible?
- Answer yes you can turn it off. you can go into settings and change them. You can have it set for being at home mode,and being away mode which will turn it on for you
- Answer Hi Dave, Yes, once you receive your Ring Stick Up Cam you will want to download the Ring app from the App Store. The following link: ring.com/app will automatically begin downloading the correct version for your operating system. Once the app has been downloaded you will create your Ring account and proceed with the setup of the Ring Stick Up Cam. When the Ring Stick Up Cam detects motion a notification will be sent to your iPhone. You can answer the notification or start a live view, which will connect you to video when you are both at home or away. If you have any additional questions please reach out to us today. Our team of Ring specialists would be happy to assist. Thank you, Danielle from Ring email@example.com
QuestionDo you need to sign up for some type of ring service to get this to record, or review thanks.
- Answer Yes. There’s a product from Kasa which has a slot for a micro SD and costs about $40 from Best Buy that might be a better fit for you.
- Answer I have one of each - wired and battery, and have not noted a difference in WiFi connectivity between them. Not scientific measurement, they seem about the same.