Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes it comes with some screws for the wall mount or we only have to stick it up to the wall?
- Answer It actually only comes with a mounting bracket and screws to stick on the wall. I know “stick up” cam is confusing. I assumed it was some sort of double sided tape.
- Answer There’s no definitive answer to this. There are many factors such as where you’re router is located in reference to the camera and if there are obstructions in the way such as numerous walls. However you should be good for at least 30 plus feet. If unsure, take a device that uses WiFi to the location where you will be placing the camera. If the device is getting a decent WiFi signal then you should be fine.
- Answer Yes....waterproof and weatherproof. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for performance. Doesn't always alert when there is movement.
- Answer Yes you can.
QuestionCan I splice the power cable that goes into the camera on a (3rd Generation Stick Up indoor/ outdoor Camera) ? I don’t want to have to drill a huge 1 inch hole into my brick wall above the garage in order to connect the power cable to the camera.
- Answer Yes you can. Spliced all 4 of my stick up cams to install through stucco, without making a huge hole .
QuestionCan this device detect motion if I set it up behind a window? Basically there will be a glass window between the camera and the outdoor.
- Answer It will still detect motion, BUT.... At night, you will need to turn off the infrared light because it will only reflect off the glass.
- Answer Someone may know how, but when I tried it, I could not make that work, the video came out upside down, and you don't have much in the way of tools for the video feed on their app.
QuestionCan I turn this camera on and off from my Ring app? For example, if I am home, I do not want it to give me notifications when I myself am walking around the room. I only want a notification of movement when I am NOT home. Is this possible?
- Answer yes you can turn it off. you can go into settings and change them. You can have it set for being at home mode,and being away mode which will turn it on for you
QuestionCan the camera be mo180 unted upside down? and can the video be turned right side up or 180 degress?
- Answer Hi Macpipe, The Ring Stick Up Cam Wired is our next-generation security camera that can be used both indoors and outdoors to bolster the security around your home. Out of the box this camera can be mounted on a wall or flat surface using the provided mount. If you would like to install this camera on the ceiling or eve of your home, a special mount is available (sold separately) that can be attached to the device. The ceiling mount allows for the camera to be mounted properly to ensure accurate motion detection. I've provided a link below for the accessory. https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/stick-up-security-camera-mount If you have any additional questions please reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Danielle from Ring email@example.com
- Answer Hi Dave, Yes, once you receive your Ring Stick Up Cam you will want to download the Ring app from the App Store. The following link: ring.com/app will automatically begin downloading the correct version for your operating system. Once the app has been downloaded you will create your Ring account and proceed with the setup of the Ring Stick Up Cam. When the Ring Stick Up Cam detects motion a notification will be sent to your iPhone. You can answer the notification or start a live view, which will connect you to video when you are both at home or away. If you have any additional questions please reach out to us today. Our team of Ring specialists would be happy to assist. Thank you, Danielle from Ring firstname.lastname@example.org
QuestionDo you need to sign up for some type of ring service to get this to record, or review thanks.
- Answer Yes. There’s a product from Kasa which has a slot for a micro SD and costs about $40 from Best Buy that might be a better fit for you.
- Answer I have one of each - wired and battery, and have not noted a difference in WiFi connectivity between them. Not scientific measurement, they seem about the same.
- Answer Yes. You just need to download the Windows app.
Questionis the compatible with solar?
- Answer Hello, Good question! The Ring Stick Up Camera Wired can only be powered by a Micro USB power adapter (included) or Power over Ethernet adapter (sold separately). Ring does offer a Stick Up Camera Battery that would be able to be connected to a Ring Solar Panel. Here are step-by-step instructions for installing a Solar Panel to the Stick Up Camera Battery device: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020663091-How-to-Connect-the-Ring-Solar-Panel-to-your-Stick-Up-Cam-Battery Please reach our support team with further questions, we're happy to assist you! Thanks, Alexis with Ring
- Answer Hello Amber, Good question! The Ring Stick Up Wired uses a Barrel Plug style indoor/outdoor power supply (included), so there is no internal battery on this device. Further, it is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connections @ 2.4GHz. If it gets unplugged it will lose it's wifi connection and not be able to communicate with your wifi network or the Ring App to send notifications or record videos. Please let us know if you have any other questions we can answer for you. Thank you, Alexis at Ring
- Answer Yes You will need roughly 1Mb of upload capacity per camera that is above what you are using for other things. If you're on fiber, sure. if you're on DSL, maybe/maybe not.