Questions & Answers
- Answer If download the movie to your SD card, you can watch it. I don't think you can watch Netflix, but I would not be surprised if some one developed an app to allow that to happen.
QuestionIs this considered the innovator edition?The title doesn't say innovators edition but the description does say that it is, is it?
- Answer It appears to be, but the focus dial has more range on the version Best Buy sells. I have had both the launch version from Samsung and the BB one sold.
- Answer No it will not, in fact I take off my back cover while using my gear vr because anything you can take off will aid in over heating issues. This is not a finished product so you will need head phones, and a game pad as well of you want to experiment with the gear.
Questionbluetooth controller and bluetooth headphones at the same time?Can I use bluetooth controller and bluetooth headphones at the same time with the samsung gear vr?
- Answer Yes you can, it's been a really long while since bluetooth technology allows to connect several devices at the same time. Unrelated to your question but worth mentioning is the fact that you can also stream your VR content to the Chromecast so other people can see the action!
Question$99 this week?I have read a few articles that these were going on sale this week for $99? http://toucharcade.com/2015/10/05/best-buy-is-selling-the-android-samsung-gear-vr-for-99/ I guess not?
- Answer It's on sale for $99.00 now but beware because it overheats quickly.
QuestionWhat is in the package?Does the package contain the same items as Amazon's VR? Amazon: Package contents: gear VR innovator edition headset, carrying case, replacement face cushioning, lens cloth, 16gb micros card loaded with starter content, SD card adapter, user manual, warranty statement. Thanks.
- Answer Yes, it does but be careful because your phone heats up quickly and cuts the experince short.
- Answer No it will not.
QuestionBluetooth Controller required?Can this be used without a bluetooth controller or is it required to buy one separately in order to use this VR headset?
- Answer Only a few games require the gamepad. most apps and games so far do not.
QuestionCan someone with eyeglasses wear the headset without taking them off?If someone needs to wear prescription eyeglasses, can they keep them on when using the Samsung Gear VR? If they have to take them off, is there anyone with astigmatism or nearsightedness who can comment on visual clarity of the VR imagery?
- Answer Yes! I have had a few people with glasses use it with no trouble. They had to take them off.
QuestionWill this work with the Samsung Avant?Will it work with the Samsung Avant and will it affect my cellphone bill? I have tmobile pay as you go and ATT WiFi at home?
- Answer It will only work with the Note 4 and S6 Samsung phones. It can affect your bill when you download apps but just using it- no, it won't.
QuestionCompatibility with non-US unlocked variantsAre there any carrier restrictions or will it work with any un-locked Note 4 , even the ones in other countries (with non-US variants)?
- Answer My phone has no carrier contract and I strictly use it on wifi just fine
QuestionThe wording at the beginning of the description is a little inaccurate"This Samsung Gear VR 60-3358-05-XP virtual-reality device features a Super AMOLED display to immerse you in a 360° video environment, allowing you to explore new worlds, be on-stage for a performance or enjoy gaming from a new perspective." The Gear VR doesn't HAVE a display, it utilizes the one on the Note 4. This wording could cause people to purchase it, and unable to use it due to lack of a built in display.
- Answer If you read the description fully it is right there in the title. The are two versions, Note 4 and the Galaxy 6. Wasn't even remotely ambiguous for me.