Questions & Answers
QuestionHi, the TV width listed in the Best Buy specifications is incorrect. Can you please update this? May 5 2021
- Answer Hi ProspectiveBuyer, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will address this issue with the Best Buy Team. We apologize for the discrepancy in the specification. The actual width of the KD50X80J is 44 3/8 inches (44.33 inches/1,126mm). You can check our sony for more details of the specifications and features. https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-50x80j/specifications Thank you for your patience and understanding. Jay
QuestionDoes it have hdmi 2.1?
- Answer Hi MFrecklez, Thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately, the KD50X80J does not features specified in the HDMI 2.1 standard. However, this TV supports eARC/ARC. If you are looking for a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 features like 4K/120, ALLM, and VRR(available via future update) we recommend checking out the X900H, A90J series, or X90J, A80J series. I hope this helps! Jay
- Answer Hi SanW90, Thank you for your inquiry! Many of the existing apps from the Google Play™️ store can be downloaded to the Android™️ TV. There are several hundred apps already available with a consistent flow of new apps being released for the Android TV platform. The Google Play store opens the door to many apps you may already be using on your mobile devices. The availability of Android TV apps is different depending on the country or region where the TV is being used. To check on how to install applications on the TV using google playstore, please check on this link: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-50x80j/articles/00147386 Regards, Carl
QuestionDoes this TV have Google Chromecast built in? I know previous models of Sony have Google Chromecast in them.
- Answer Hi bvkode, Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, the KD50X80J TV has a built-in Chromecast function. Regards, -Ralph
- Answer Hi Vick, Thank you for your inquiry! Yes, you can connect your receiver to the TV by using the HDMI eARC port or Digital Optical port. Regards, Carl
- Answer Hi James, Thank you for your inquiry. The KD50X80J is capable of streaming live internet content through built-in applications like Netflix or YouTube. If you are referring to the Dish Anywhere app where you can live stream TV channels, the TV has a google play store wherein you can download supported TV streaming services. Additionally, you can cast content from your source device to the TV through Chromecast. I hope this helps! Regards, Carl
QuestionI have a YouTube TV subscription. Is that streaming service supported by this tv? I don’t want to use another device to watch it on this tv. Thanks
- Answer Hi Drbenswjife, Thank you for your inquiry! Yes, the YouTube TV app is available on our KD50X80J TV! Regards, Carl
QuestionHow can I hook up my Sony DVD player to my new Sony 50 inch X80J Sony Television. There are no red/white/yellow connections on the back of the TV? Or is there a special cable that I can buy to hook it up to an HDMI port on the TV?
- Answer Hi SundanceKid, Thank you for your inquiry! You can connect your DVD to the TV using a Mini plug to RCA/Composite audio cable. Please check this link to follow the instructions on which type of connection you want to use. https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00231150 I hope this helps! Regards Carl
QuestionIs there a way to locate the MAC address on the exterior of the device or anywhere in the packaging? Need it to be able to connect it to the wifi during the initial TV set-up.
- Answer Hi there, Thank you for your inquiry! Unfortunately, no. The TV's mac address can be found on the Network Settings. On the supplied remote control, press the HELP button. The next steps depend on the menu options of your TV: Select Status & Diagnostics → Network status and diagnostics. Select Status & Diagnostics → View network status. Select View network status. Select Contact us. Select Contact & Support → System Information → MAC Address (Wired)/MAC Address (Wireless). Upon the initial setup of the TV, you will have an option to connect it to your Wi-Fi. Simply select your Wi-Fi network and input the password. I hope this helps. Regards, Carl
QuestionHow do I get Spectrum cable tv to work with my new Sony Bravia 50"? Do I have to purchase Apple tv box in order download the Spectrum app?
- Answer Hi there, Thank you for your inquiry! Unfortunately, the Spectrum App is not available on the Google Play Store. However, you can use the built-in Chromecast feature to cast the content from the Spectrum TV app to their Sony TV. If you are referring to the Spectrum TV cable box, you can connect it to the TV using an HDMI connection. I hope this helps! Regards, Carl
QuestionHow do I take the legs off the television? I've tried pulling on them and it doesn't work. Everything online says to unscrew them, but there are no screws to loosen!
- Answer Hi nycjoe212, Thank you for your inquiry! The steps require three people or more. Carefully lift the TV up to remove the TV stand. Make sure an adequate number of people are used to safely support the TV. When you lift one side of your TV, make sure the opposite side doesn't drop to the floor and support the bottom of your TV with suitable material such as a stack of newspapers or magazines. You may use this link as a guide on removing the TV stand. https://support.am.sony.com/release/QSG_5024944111.pdf Regards, Carl
- Answer Hi Steve, Thank you for your inquiry! The Android TV™ does not have a pre-installed web browser app. However, you can download and install third-party apps that function as a web browser through the Google Play™ store. Follow these steps to locate a browser app: 1. Turn on the TV. 2. On your remote control, press the HOME button. 3. Select Apps. 4. Select the Google Play store app. 5. In the search window, use web browser or browser to locate an app that will meet your needs. For more information, please visit our article link: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-50x80j/articles/00121075 Regards, Carl
QuestionCan anyone tell me how to turn off the Loud beep that is made EVERY time you move from one selectable item on the screen to the next? I've looked in sound settings and I don't see any kind of button feed back, on screen select noise off or system sounds.
- Answer Hi John, Thank you for your inquiry! You can turn off the System Sound by pressing the Quick Setting ( Gear Icon) button on the remote control, then select [Settings] — [System] — then select [Sound] this configures the [System sounds] setting. Should you need further assistance, please contact us for help. Please email the below information to email@example.com Apologies if you disclosed some of this information in your review and to customer service, we just want to ensure that we have your accurate details at the time of communication. Full Name: Best Buy Username: Telephone Number: Model Number: Issue: Regards, Carl
- Answer Hi Missy, Thank you for your inquiry! Many of the existing apps from the Google Play™️ store can be downloaded to the Android™️ TV. There are several hundred apps already available with a consistent flow of new apps being released for the Android TV platform. The Google Play store opens the door to many apps you may already be using on your mobile devices. The availability of Android TV apps is different depending on the country or region where the TV is being used. To check on how to install applications on the TV using google playstore, please check on this link: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-50x80j/articles/00147386 Regards, Carl
- Answer Hi Murf, thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, no. There is no video output to daisy chain the TV. Hope this helps! -Sam