Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,949.99
The previous price was $2,299.99
QuestionHas anyone experienced any sound issues?(TV mutes itself) Screen freezing? Got TV in November, 2019 and getting more and more issues on both, sound and picture. Every-time this happens, TV has to do hard re-start, in order for it to work. Thank you!
- Answer Yes. Audio return channel has stopped working twice in two weeks. TV is not even a month old. Contemplating a return. A huge disappointment.
QuestionJust how good is the sound quality on the A9G. Is the addition of a sound bar really necessary?
- Answer I tried using it without a sound bar (using it as bedroom TV) and it’s definitely fine in a smaller space. But in the end i opted for a sound bar; it’s by far the best sounding TV i’ve ever owned, but it’s not going to stand toe to toe with a good sound bar ($500+). Having said that, i did prefer the TV’s 2.1 channel sound system compared to my 2.1 channel $250 budget sound bar. The 2.1 channel sound bar easily had better bass, but it completely smothered the dialogue. While the A9G always preserved dialogue clarity, the bass was less convincing, though adequate. It took an 5.1 channel Dolby Atmos $700 sound bar to make the upgrade worth it. And even compared to that upgrade, the A9G’s built in sound fared well. So if you’re not an audiophile, plan to use the TV in a bedroom, or were planning to go with a budget sound bar anyway, the A9G will get the job done. I’d still recommend an eArc equipped sound bar to maximize your experience.
- Answer Like most OLEDs out right now, I believe all sony and lg TVs have risk of burn in, I believe samsungs version of oled their (qled) isn't at risk cause they use LCD or led panel. I believe hiscense or tcl has come out with a oled tv that claims it's burn in risk free
QuestionAnyone have experience with viewing this TV adjacent to a wall of windows? Is it easy to view in a bright room?
- Answer I have it in a small room almost front of the window and I don’t have any issue with it, it is really great im so happy with it
- Answer The stand that comes with this TV is a low profile one and makes the TV sit rather close to the surface where the stand sits. So, with that said, I would say a sound bar may block the lower part of the screen. For me, I have the TV wall mounted and do not use the stand. And btw, with the great sound sound quality from this TV I find myself not using my sound bar very much these days.. Hope this helps!
Questionwhat would be the minimum speed internet you would need for the streaming function? We do not use cable, only streaming and we won't be using the wifi. I have Optimum 200 and the wifi speed at this computer is ~50 mbps. Don't know what the cable speed
- Answer Minimum speed for streaming would be 5mbps. Minimum speed for 4K streaming would be 15mbps
QuestionDoes baseball look good on this? Can you see the ball spinning? Is the picture crystal clear?
- Answer This picture is awesome! Prior to this we have always bought Samsung. Hello to a brand new world with clarity and brightness never thought possible with this Sony. It's definitely worth the $$ - it rocks!
QuestionAre there any issues with the "Voice Remote Control"? Can it also use a Universal Remote? (not happy about talking to the TV for volume up/down for example)
- Answer no we are not really happy with the voice remote. You have to have the remote in your hand to wake up the TV and then talk to it witch mostly doesn't understand you. If I have to have the remote in my hand I might as well change the channel with it. The universal remote Harmony doesn't work with this TV
- Answer Hello, Millertake! Great news! This TV supports the standard 300X300 VESA hole pattern. We recommend for you to use the appropriate bracket for this model which is the: SU-WL855 model. Happy to help! ~Zac
- Answer Hi! Here are the dimensions of the TV: - With stand - 48 3/8 x 28 1/8 x 10 1/8" (1226x714x255 mm) (WxHxD) - Without stand - 48 3/8 x 28 x 1 5/8" (1226x710x40 mm) (WxHxD) ~Ralph
- Answer I play DVD and BluRay on my A9G through an HDMI port, of which there are 4. I also have a portable BluRay player with 2 USB A connectors that I can use on the TV as it has 3 USB A ports.
QuestionHow is this tv for gamingAG9. I got the LG C9 great for gaming but not good for football lots of flickering
- Answer Tony, the SONY A9G is a freakin awesome TV! I play Gran Tourismo on it and it’s amazing! My wife n daughter play COD n RDR 2 & there is no flickering whatsoever. Super smooth motion flow! It was a little expensive but it is well worth it! I’d buy it again! It keeps amazing me with the picture quality! I hope this helps.
QuestionIs there another stand available for this model besides the low profile, with a height of about 3”.
- Answer We chose to elevate this set with a Bose speaker which so happens to be about 3 inches tall. As it turns out, the speaker really isn’t needed with this tv since the sound that comes out is already spectacular! We also took the extra safety first step by securing it to the wall.
- Answer Rather Ridiculous neither Best Buy or Sony does not answer any questions that are posted. Apparently they do not care to help navigate people through the purchase of their product.
Questionwhat is the ms response time?
- Answer Haven't had a Sony for years. Doing research on this one, some of the POF (points of focus) for me was a few things. MS, regen on non HD channels (my daughter has a few shows on those type of channels, etc.), live sports, etc. This TV hits ALL the spots. Don't have/know a number that I can give you, but can say this guy is awesome. The blacks (which this is known for truly pop, which allows the colors to get vibrant next to them). Spending this type of money, I definitely would go into other areas within my house, watch the same program and compare quality. While the others (Samsung) are known to make the colors pop, you totally see difference in say, faces. They're not washed out, you see facial features clearer (freckles, lines, etc.). Sports - I don't see any line of footballs trailing behind the ball when thrown. Same for golf balls when rolling on the green. I see the one ball. I watch football, baseball, golf, basketball, MTB, surfing, etc. All sports with fast motion and it's great. You shouldn't be disappointed. Worst case scenario? Buy it somewhere where returns are easy. I'm happy with it.