Questions & Answers
Questionhow does it work..if I purchase the device from a store, how does the product transactions go to my bank?
- Answer The company connects directly to your bank account using routing numbers (much like a direct draft for billing but backwards!) The money is deposited within 24-48 hours with the 3% deducted. Working well for our small business. You can see all transactions with square through your banking statements, so you can keep track of when things are posted and the amount.
- Answer Yes, you can set up your Square account to deposit to a bank or Paypal if you choose. Check with Square's website for terms and conditions and for further clarification.
QuestionWill the magstripe reader still process a card using the magnetic stripe of a chipped credit card or will it require the customer to use a non-chip card?
- Answer Yes. If card has magnetic strip, Square can read it. They have a new Square reader, more expensive, that takes chip cards, but I just haven't had any problems with chipped cards using the cheap version.
QuestionIs this worth it for small purchases? When I'm talking small, I'm talking about $0.50 here and there but nothing more then $5.00 at a time.
- Answer I think it would have to be dependant upon how much you earn per day. Here's my reason: you mentioned sales of .50 cents or less. The Square Device charges a fee of 2.75% for each purchase. That would be a fee of .01 cents for a .50 cents item. You would have to figure out what your profit is on the .50 cent item and decide if you could afford to lose .01 cents on that item. I hope this helps.
- Answer It works great with my Samsung S8 so see no reason why it wouldn't work on other phones. I think you mean compatible, not compacticle, but regardless, I don't know of any that aren't.
- Answer You would need to contact Square curator support to clarify this question as it may vary for country to country and depend upon laws found there.
QuestionDoes this require a monthly service fee, in excess to the percentage fees associated with each swipe?
- Answer No monthly service fee. You only pay for what you use. Use it once for a !100.00 order and your fee ( card present swipe) would be $2.75.
- Answer This square only reads mag strips. You can upgrade to a higher square the reads mag stripes as well as chips for abou $29.00
QuestionDoes this have an option to manually type in a credit card number? For example if a person wants to pay over the phone
- Answer Yes, through the Square App
QuestionDoes the headphone jack Square work with an IPhone XS? I had the lightening one and dropped my phone. The Square shattered. I was wondering if this product is more durable and works as well? I liked my other one until it broke apart.
- Answer You need the lightning jack to headphone jack adapter and then connect Square - should work then.
QuestionWill this Square reader work with my Samsung Galaxy A21? If not, how will I be able to make the square reader work on this device?
- Answer If you can download the Square App and you have a headphone jack...it will work.
- Answer Below excerpt from site link further down It is perfectly acceptable to use Square for personal business, such as a yard sale. You do not need to have a registered business to take advantage of Square and the ability to accept credit cards. ... Additionally, you may not use Square as a money transfer system. https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/21050/do-square-credit-card-readers-allow-for-personal-use#:~:text=It%20is%20perfectly%20acceptable%20to,ability%20to%20accept%20credit%20cards.&text=Additionally%2C%20you%20may%20not%20use%20Square%20as%20a%20money%20transfer%20system.
QuestionWhen swiping a card, will the screen show if the card is accepted or denied. There are sometimes where there are "insufficient funds" and a card is denied.
- Answer It does let you know whether the transaction is accepted or declined.