Questions & Answers
- QuestionWill this drive allow manual selection of files for backup? I do not want to automatically back up all of my files. Thank you. (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDO THE MY BOOK HAVE LEDS ON IT BECAUSE I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE LEDS? (10 Answers)Answers
No, there are no leds on this one. Only issue is when I first hooked it up, because of the lack of led's I wasn't sure if it was working properly. I have the 4TB model and I don't know if any of the other models have led's or not.
- QuestionDrive not functioning properly. I am getting a "Sleep and charge" pop up screen without the ability to access the storage drive. How do I install the drivers for this device to work properly? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this work on an updated ps4? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this work with Tivo? (2 Answers)Answers
My understanding is TIVO will work with a 3TB with no modifications but anything larger needs special software. You are better with a "green" drive that runs slower and cooler as it will greatly help the longevity. This is assuming you are using it internally. If you use it externally it will work but for cooling issues may not be the best choice.
- QuestionCan I put different passwords on different files so that way only those files can be accessed by certain people? (4 Answers)
- QuestionWhy don't you "always" have compatibility listed with other product information (like specifications). I recently cancelled an order for a WD My Book 4tb right after making the order, because I realized I needed to check compatibility with windows Vista. (2 Answers)Answers
There are some basic compatibility issues that I do not think need to be stated. 32 bit operating systems and specifically Vista will only access a maximum of a 2 Tb drive. It is not just this drive specific. There would be a compatibility issue with any 4 Tb drive. If you need 4 Tb of total storage your best solution (other than replacing the computer so you would have an operating system that will continue to be supported) would be two 2 Tb external drives. While that would cause the need for files to be split up, it would not cost much more. It would cost less than replacing the computer.
- QuestionIs this compatible with Xbox one (1 Answer)
- QuestionDo I have to reformat this drive to use it with a iMac? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this drive spin down after a period of inactivity? (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions