I switched from the corsair vengeance 2100 to this razer headset. I thought that hey, I already have a keyboard and mouse by razer, why not complete the package? I regretted it.
Perhaps it is because the vengeance was simply better than the manowar or this headset under performed, maybe I got a faulty model who knows.
Here are the issues, I'll be simple
- You are FORCED to use the synapse software for this headset
- The software poorly(If at all) explains the different features and options of the headset
- ***THE VOLUME IS FLUCTUANT*** This is my biggest issue, if you set all programs volumes to the same, they will not be the same volume. I noticed my skype was very low, my browser volume was medium and my game volume was extremely high. I never had to mess around with individual volumes in the volume mixer until now, and frankly, for the price this headset goes for, I shouldn't have to.
- It isn't as comfortable as people are saying. I love the soft leather cups, trust me I do. But the padding on top is non existent! It is the thinnest piece of padding I have ever seen on a headset. Eventually you will feel the plastic engraving into your skull.
- It's huge, maybe this is a personal issue, but I believe I have a pretty large head. So to the younger audience considering purchasing this, you're gonna have a tough time.
- The mic has a mind of its own! Trust me on this the mic is great, my friends have told me I sound a little better than before. But if you stop talking for about... 5 minuites, the mic automatically boosts your background noise. I can't even count how many times My friends were like "Woah woah woah! Dude your background noise wth!?!?" After messing around with synapse nothing solved this, I guess the mic does what it wants.
- Button placement. The things like the mic volume, headset volume and charge port are all placed awkwardly. Having to reach behind the headset to mute the mic is tedious and definitely takes much longer than when I could just flip the mic up on the vengeance. I wouldn't be too surprised if that mute button doesn't last too long either.
In conclusion, I thought I could finish my razer setup with a nice razer wireless headset, but I was disappointed. Perhaps it is because I downgraded headsets but thats besides the point. I will be returning this headset and perhaps picking up logitechs wireless headset instead, all I know for sure is that this product is not worth its price.