This is by far the least expensive TRUE 4K display out there, however still high on the price but I decided to take the dive and have NO regrets.
Everything about this monitor is stellar except for only one display-port plus the stand is wobbly and does not have VESA support. See PRO VS CON list below.
This monitor is NOT for everyone! I cannot stress that enough. Only purchase this unit if you have the hardware capable to support it! You need a compatible video card that can output at 3840x2160 as well as having an appropriate video card that has DisplayPort 2.0 in order to take advantage of the higher refresh rate at 60hz. HDMI has a cap of 30hz and when you get into anything graphically intensive like gaming or movies or designing, using a 4K display with HDMI is just not going to cut it. Definitely use the cables that come with the monitor, especially for Display-Port: they are high quality with ferrite core filters on both ends.
It will take some time to adjust your settings to make applications (including your OS) legible because at such a high resolution it makes everything smaller due to the default DPI settings for software set at 96. Make sure you at least set your display settings at 125% or even 150%. I love having the extra real estate for web browsing, it has all the content center on the screen and I am able to see ALMOST the entire web page in full.
Graphic & Web Design is where this baby shines! I love editing phones and creating content without having to adjust my head or settings to see if colors are misplaced or misrepresented.
From what I'm told, Windows 8.1 has a much more improved compatibility when it comes to 4K but I'm still one of those people who 'hate' Windows 8 so I'm content to tweaking some settings on Windows 7 :D
I decided to wait until a store has this in stock and I was there the very next day after my local Best Buy store had their very first shipment in! The reason why I waited was because every place I checked, Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect, they all had the same shipping standards, the unit would ship in the retail box without any additional packaging and I was NOT taking that risk. Also, most distributors shipped from out of country and would ship with Korean power adapters as well as the monitor being set in Korean as default out of the box.
- 4K resolution
- 60 Hz refresh rate (When using Display-Port) even at full resolution, unlike many alternatives
- Clear, realistic colors--vibrant, but not over-exaggerated even with stock settings
- No glare
- Light and easy to assemble/transport
- Intuitive interface with cool joystick control in convenient, out-of-way position in rear corner of monitor
- Makes Retina look like a toy
- Black is a deep rich Black
- Gaming Mode is actually incredible! It takes all the colors and amplifies them tremendously!
- Viewing angle is the best I've ever seen; no need for tilt adjustment--though it offers fine-grain control over optimal viewing angle anyway
- The wobbly stand, I would have gladly paid a slightly higher price for VESA mount capability
- As stated above, many software lacks decent support for anything higher than 96 DPI. Be sure you know how to deal with DPI issues.
- I have noticed the monitor does not 'wake up' from sleep mode and I have to power cycle it and then it comes back online, its most likely a setting issue that I have yet to figure out but I can't let the computer go to sleep or else the monitor will not come back on. I can't let the monitor itself sleep either, its weird.