Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $879.99
The regular price is $1,099.99
QuestionHow much space can macbooks handle for itunes music?I have not seen people really asking about the capacity for the macbooks to store an extensive itunes library (roughly 15,000 songs and counting) like how much is too much and can 4GB of RAM be enough when most computers ask for 8? This may seem trivial but I am in need of answers ASAP!! THANKS!!
- Answer This product can hold 500 GB of music which is more than enough for 15000 songs. 4 GB of RAM is enough for normal computing but may not be enough for high bandwidth programs such as photo editing or CAD programs.
QuestionRunning slow?Hello. I am new to MacBook Pro and it seems like Mac runs slow when i have multiple tabs up. I downloaded something that tells me how much RAM i'm using and it's always 99% and pictures start to not show up. Do i seriously need to buy more? I am a medical student and this is very frustrating. Please help!
- Answer I had someone install a new samsung solid state hard drive and it took care of the problem. The whole cost was $200. My memory was being totally eaten by IPHOTO. I also upgraded to Yosemite which has the new Photos app and ditches IPHOTO. I like IPHOTO better but the new Photos app seems to have solved the problem along with the new solid state hard drive.
QuestionHow heavy is this MacBook?I am going to be a college student and if this is going to be difficult to lug around all day I don't want it.
- Answer I believe it is about 5 or 6 pounds. The Macbook air was the same price at time of purchase, but the macbook pro is much more powerful and more storage ability. Both are fine products I am sure. I purchased the macbook pro for my daughter also and she loves it. She is in her first year of college.
QuestionSecurityDoes this computer need to have internet security of some kind added to it like Norton etc?
- Answer You don't have to because of the number of viruses for Macs being very small(fewer than 10 last I checked), but there are plenty of options in the Mac App Store that comes on the computer(under the apple icon at the top of the screen). I do suggest staying away from Norton(overly aggressive virus scans and firewall) and McAfee(not aggressive enough), if you do opt to get a virus scan. I have used AVG for years on my Windows computers, but I am not sure if they have a Mac version or not. I hope this helps.
- Answer Yes, it does. If it is not preinstalled, you can download Pages, Numbers, iMovie, etc. via iTunes for free. Hope this helped!
QuestionWhat is the release year for this model?and what is the difference between this model and the newest one?
- Answer This model is from Late 2012. There has not been another "MacBook Pro" since then. It was replaced in early 2013 by the rMBP, or Macbook Pro with Retina Display. The difference with the newer one is more RAM (run more at once), better display (more pixels, better colors, better contrast), and Solid State Drives (faster, no moving components, more reliable, won't break from a drop). Hope this helped!
- Answer Charger and software is included. It doesn't have MS office, but Apple offers similar programs that are installed on the MB Pro already such as Pages, Keynote & Numbers.
QuestionWould you recommend purchasing the protection plan?I have never had a problem with malfunctions with a laptop that Geek Squad couldn't fix. I'm also extra careful handling electronics so breaking anything wouldn't be an option. I don't want to spend $200 and up for a plan that I most likely wouldn't use-
- Answer It's risk vs reward. Typically, if you have a lemon, you'll know soon and will be under warranty. Enjoy the Mac, they're well built and designed machines
- Answer We upgraded at home (since I know about working on computers) to SSD and 16GB Crucial Mac Ram. This was about $200 upgrade. It is as fast as a new system now.
- Answer Ive watched movies on iTunes, and never noticed it getting hot, and Im constantly checking because on my dell laptop, it would get hot super fast using iTunes to watch a movie. Even when I transferred music from cd to my iTunes library it didn't get hot. With my dell it would overheat, even though the dell is only 2 years old.
- Answer Officially 8gb put I put 16 in with no problem