Questions & Answers
- QuestionComcast (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDownload speed coming in is 105, why is wireless download speed only 30? (10 Answers)
Internet is Comcast Extreme 105. Ethernet connection to router produces download speeds around 88Mbps. However wireless download speeds range from 10.5 Mbps to 38 Mbps. How can I increase the wireless download speed? Will this router be sufficient or should I look for a different one?Answers
I would go with a modem-only model. I found this unit to be a let-down in terms of wireless speed and connectivity. In doing further research the 6141 or 6183 models would be a better choice in conjunction with a router.
- QuestionWill this work with Time Warner Cable internet? (12 Answers)Answers
- Questioneasy to install? (11 Answers)Answers
Lol. I am a woman, and yes a woman can install it. it is very simple. You just plug it into the wall and plug your service cable into it and that's it. If you have a smart TV, you will need an Ethernet cord to plug into the device and the TV. Any other WiFi device should just require the password.
- QuestionDoes this have a very strong wireless signal? (11 Answers)Answers
I would not recommend putting this unit in a closet because wireless signals can be affected by interference. I had interference issues that turned out to have a lot to do with my ISP that I initially believed were related to the router.Regarding the router itself I had to tweak the settings a bit ( mainly security settings and the channel) to find the best signal for my wife's laptop. ( Their customer service is very helpful as well) I had to compromise a bit on the security settings , otherwise it would not allow Xbox live to connect. I also ultimately decided to hardwire the gaming console (via 100ft cat6 Ethernet cable) because it provided the most stable connection. Wired connection is outstanding as well as my wireless signal. If you want to run wireless with your gaming console, it is much easier to troubleshoot if you have a separate modem and router. I would not suggest a second wireless router because you will very likely encounter interference between the wireless signals. I had negative results trying to use range extenders. It seemed too troublesome to provision without the signal degrading or becoming very unstable. (most of the time BOTH unstable AND degraded signal) This particular router can cover a 200 foot radius. I hope my reply was helpful and helps save you a lot of time and aggravation.
- Questiondoes this work with RCN (3 Answers)
- QuestionWIFI range (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes Wave Broadband in WA State support this cable modem (7 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this work with Xfinity and how many ethernet ports are there? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it work with Att wireless (9 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions