Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,349.99
QuestionWhen will this be available to purchase or pre-order? is the display on this 120hz or 60 hz? what are the storage options (how many slots/ sata m2/pcie etc?)
- Answer 1. Other site I was just on said it was available for preorder at Bestbuy, but I don't see the option. 2. This display is 120Hz 3. Advertised models: GA401IH-BR7N2BL (gray), $1,050: FHD 60Hz, Ryzen 7 4800HS, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1650 GA401IU-BS76 (gray) $1,300: FHD 120Hz, Ryzen 7 4800HS, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q GA401IV-BR9N6 (white), $1,450: FHD 120Hz, Ryzen 9 4900HS, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q GA401IV-PS96 (gray) or BS96-WH (white), $2,000: QHD 60Hz AniMe Matrix Display, Ryzen 9 4900HS, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q
QuestionAnyone getting that black screen problem that is occurring for many owners of that laptop? Mine has been happening once a day and it occurs out of nowhere. Screen goes black and sound stops. Pretty much the system just stops and no input works.
- Answer Yes! mine has done it a few times, only when I am surfing the web. It doesn't happen when I am playing games. There are several threads on Reddit about it. From one of the posts: It's believed to be something to do with the drivers on the Radeon chip. if you press Windows+shift+ctrl+b it'll perk the computer back up because it actually boots the drivers again on the chip. Most haven't had issues with it while running games(since it switches to the RTX, and it's a Radeon issue.) Also try turning Freesync off in the radeon chip settings, it's under Radeon Lite(in your programs). I just found this Reddit reference tonight, and have not yet had a chance to try the " press Windows+shift+ctrl+b" option yet,, so I don't know if it works yet. (But even if it does, that's not he long term fix I'm looking for. I've had this laptop for 5 days now and love it, but the screen suddenly going blank it frustrating! Enough to the point that I'm thinking of returning while I still can!
Question@asus #asus can you please answer 2 questions: (1) when can I get one? time sensitive for specific government work. Help!! (2) if it comes with Microsoft loaded doesn't that mean it already includes word, excel etc?? Thanks!
- Answer Bro what kind of work you doing? My wifes a laywer and runs her work server on a I5 Dell laptop. This is a gaming laptop plus some. Might be overkill just for work you could get a nice work laptop much much cheaper. Unless you plan on playing elder scrolls online when the boss isnt looking... which I would if I was you.
- Answer This model comes with 1 slot with 8GB DDR4-3200 installed and 8GB DDR4 on board.
QuestionIt says its VR ready but it has 0 DP or type c thunderbolt so im guessing it wotn run quest or rift s?
- Answer 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with DisplayPort™ 1.4 and Power Delivery
- Answer Jcrowder63 Word is it some models will release of April 3rd
QuestionBeen using the new G14 for a couple of days and lovin it. Except that my model has that kind of high pitch noise resembling electronic signal (coil whine?) even at idle. Is this my particular model or does G14 generally has this kind of issue?
- Answer Found the solution! Turn up your keyboard back light. Makes no sense, hopefully Asus can fix this soon. At no keyboard backlight, I can hear the whining you talk about. At max back light, it goes away basically completely. If I turn the back light off, it comes right back.
- Answer So, we don't even know if those that successfully pre-ordered will actually get it. BestBuy informed us that they are trying real hard to fulfill the existing pre-orders but they cannot guarantee it.
QuestionWhat are the dimensions of the laptop and how big is the screen? The dimensions listed have the laptop at 32.4 cm wide, which is 12.8 inches, yet the screen is advertised as being 14 inch? It doesn’t add up
- Answer Any screen size you read is the diagonal length, not the width nor the height of the screen. You can use the pythagorean therom, but the screen is a 14' class screen
- Answer Yes, that would be a problem only because it can only be upgraded to 24GB of RAM. The RAM it currently has is two 8GB of RAM and one is soldered into the motherboard so you can basically only upgrade one RAM to 16GB- which would bring it to a total of 24GB of RAM.
QuestionIs this a good starting computer Pros/Cons i really only want to play MC with mods & bring it to campus. How long have you had it and how is it holding up? Even with the ghosting/ other problems does it affect the computer for sometime or only a few sec?
- Answer This system would more than meet your requirements. I have had mine for over a month, and it gets daily usage. Out of the bag, fire it up, run stuff plugged in, run stuff on battery, shut it down, back in the bag, transported from place to place. Zero issues, the magnesium build is pretty tough, but get a good bag. I think that some of the issues may be overblown. But, there are a couple of issues; 1. The keyboard back-light is poor, no way around that. 2. The dGPU (NVIDIA 2060) will only work when the system is plugged in to the adapter (not the USB power, which is a very cool option for charging). 3. The drivers should be updated immediately. 4. It can get a bit warm, and you want to make sure it can "breathe". 5. The port placement is not ideal. I have been super pleased with the system !0 hour battery life in "work/school" mode, and the RTX 2060 crushes everything I can throw at it in "gamer" mode. The screen is very nice, and I have had no issues with the system at all. Its amazingly light, and super powerful. Depending on your needs it may even be a bit overkill for you.
QuestionHi, do you know when you’ll have this back in pre-order or stock, I’d like to get an idea of what’s the earliest time frame I can get this computer? Thank you
- Answer I will second what Bostonbulger has to say: I talked with a BestBuy representative and they do not have any stock on hand, even to fulfill the pre-orders. From what they tell me, they said they would try hard to get us the product. I personally think BestBuy overplayed their hand with the number of pre-orders. I don't expect to see my laptop delivered on the 15th.
QuestionIs this laptop comfortable when using actually on your lap? I ask only because the screen and hinge look different than normal laptops. Thank you.
- Answer It’s ok for use in the lap. However it does have a few disadvantages here. Considering the small size, when plugged in and at full power the bottom of the system gets very warm. However on battery power the power management actually does a really good job of keeping the system cool to the touch, so that make the bottom nice a cool for lap use. The other disadvantage is the hinge that you mentioned. If the screen is open at 90 degrees compared to the chassis, then the bottom of the system is flat and sits nicely on the lap. If you open the screen further the hinge is designed to lift the back of the chassis off of whatever surface it is sitting on. If this is your lap it means that there will be two somewhat angled points of pressure on your legs and that can be a little uncomfortable after extended use. I generally use a small lap desk to mitigate both of those issues so that I can run the system at full power and avoid any pressure points. With a lap desk desk, this system is excellent on the lap for high performance gaming. I often use it on the couch for Netflix and gaming sessions!
QuestionI'm a college student and I'm concerned about the fan noise. Is it really loud that it may distract people who may be sitting next to me in class?
- Answer Fan noise on mine (just got two weeks ago) is VERY minimal
- Answer I have tested it out, it runs pretty great actually!