Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $299.99
- Answer Yes. I have a mac book pro and I open preview to scan and select scan from document feeder. I'm sure a windows pic can do the same.
QuestionI'm confused. On this site, out of 490 reviews, it got 4.5 out of 5 stars. But on the Amazon site, it got only a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Lots of serious problems with jamming all the time and other things. Why the disagreement between the 2 sites.
- Answer I owned this printer and would not suggest buying it. After having such a bad experience I was also wondering why the reviews were so good. I would reccomend you read them carefully and ask yourself if they seem like they were written by actual consumers versus 'reviewers' .
QuestionCan this printer handle heavy cardstock? Are you able to feed the cardstock through the top?
- Answer I purchased in order to do heat transfers on fairly thick heat transfer paper. Should handle card stock with no problem. Mind you, I fed the paper through the normal trays.
QuestionWill the auto document feeder copy a double sided document and print it double sided? Thank you, Yvonne
- Answer Yes, you can only use the auto feeder for double sided.
QuestionCan you send scans directly from the printer to websites and cloud storage and services and such as Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and OneNote?
- Answer Yes, you can. I have used it to send to my Alienware laptop, and to my iMac. I have also sent docs to One Drive and iCloud.
QuestionFollowing error message occurs: Scanner error Turn the power off and on again. If the error is not fixed, visit Epson.com for technical support 100016 Unable to fix with recommendation. Epson does not respond. What will fix this?
- Answer I have this error. Epson technical support tells me it is a hardware problem. I can either mail this huge thing at my expense to their service center or buy a new one. I asked about a possible driver error, and she said that is not the problem. This is the 2nd Epson I have owned to have this problem. It's like you can only print for so many months or pages and it stops. I will NEVER buy another EPSON!!!!
QuestionSomeone said you cant connect to a secured server, is this true? we have to enter a password to get access to our internet. Also, is this one of those printers that, when you run out of one color it wont print AT ALL, even in black and white? Thanks
- Answer No and no. When you use the wireless setup utility it prompts you to enter your server password. Easy peasy. Every time you ask it to print, you select either black and white or color.
QuestionDoes this printer accept label/sticker paper? In other words, can it print labels or stickers? If yes, what sizes can it print?
- Answer yes it can. i use Avery 5160 and print from MS Word. thats the only size i have ever used
QuestionCan you scan multiple pages in one job? I often have to scan 25+ pages as one whole job. If so, does the auto-feeder feed the pages if it is multiple page document?
- Answer Yes, it can handle multiple pages whether auto feed or manual. In manual, you are promoted after each page whether to add more or not. In auto, you can scan one side or both sides in duplex mode.
QuestionCan you keep printing in black ink if color runs out? Do you have option to choose black ink vs. color?
- Answer I have never been able to print just black when any color cartridge runs out. I am not sure about the reverse.
- Answer Hi NeShawn, This is Eduard from Epson. No. The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 printer is only compatible with 802 and 802XL DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies or edible ink are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly. Hope this answers your inquiry! Regards, Eduard - The Epson Team.
QuestionCan this print on thicker card stock? I don't see mention of a rear feeder like my current WF-7620.
- Answer Yes. Just replace the regular paper in one of the two trays with card stock and print normally. This printer does not have a rear bypass tray. The two trays will also accommodate smaller sized media... 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, envelopes, etc.
- Answer Yes, but easier to use your computer. Go to the below link for the complete manual: https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd53888/index.html Scanning to Email You can scan an original and email the scanned file using your product's control panel. You need to have a preconfigured email server before you can scan to email. You can either enter the email address directly on the product's control panel or select an address from the Contacts list. Make sure the date and time are set correctly so the time stamps on your emails are accurate. 1. Place your original on the product for scanning. Note: To scan a double-sided or multi-page document, place all of the pages in the ADF. 2. Press the home button, if necessary. 3. Select Scan. You see a screen like this: 4. Select Email. You see a screen like this: 5. Do one of the following: ◦Select Contacts and choose an email address from the Contacts list. ◦ Select Keyboard to use the displayed keyboard to enter the address for the recipient and press OK. ◦Select History to choose an email address from your recent scan history. ◦Select an email address from any displayed frequent contacts. 6.Select Scan Settings. 7. Select File Format to choose the file format for your scan. 8. Scroll down and change the Subject and File Name if necessary. 9.Select any additional scan settings as necessary. 10. Select Presets to save your scan settings. 11. Press the Send icon. Your product scans your original and emails the scanned file.
- Answer Yes.. it does double sided copies and scans. Easy to find the prompt for double sided copies, scans and faxes
QuestionDoes Epson WF-4740 auto power-off for inactivities, such as inactivity for the night, or a day, or several days? If I powered it off for the night or for days, does it require re-connect WIFI when I power it back? Should I power it off when not using?
- Answer It goes in standby mode. If you shut off no need to reconnect to WIFI
QuestionDoes this printer go through a cartridge clean cycle every time it is turned on like the cannon printers do?
- Answer I do not think so. Every time I change an ink cartridge, I manually clean the print head.
Questiondoes this printer have a flatbed copier/scanner to make copies of odd-shaped documents such as passport or driver's license?
- Answer Yes it does and you xan change the settings to have clear copies of the images for your drivers license or passports or any other imaged document.