Questions & Answers
- Answer On the back there are 4 x USB 2, 1 x HDMI, VGA, & RJ-45 Ethernet ports.
QuestionWhat version of Windows 10 Home is installed ? Is it the one that still allows you to create a local account or the version that requires the use of a Microsoft account?
- Answer It is the newer version that wants you have a microsoft account but there's an easy way around it. Don't plug in the network cable and when you're going through setup when it gets to the network park click the little "I don't have internet" on the left then it gives you another window telling you how much more wonderful your life would be if you had internet but you want to still tell it you have no internet. Then it will pop up with the old create a local username and password screen. Once it finishes setup and brings you to the desktop you can connect to the internet and continue on with no microsoft account.
QuestionIs this computer capable of adding a second drive (e.g., big enough power supply to add a 2TB hard drive in addition to the SSD)?
- Answer Yes, you can add a 2TB hard drive to this unit. There is an available bay, and the PSU can handle the additional power required. If you're looking at adding additional hardware (like a screaming fast video card), you'll probably want to also upgrade the power supply unit.
QuestionCan this unit be laid flat or over on its side and a monitor put on top of it? Or is it just a tower?
- Answer The unit is made to be upright and has feet on the bottom. The main concern is not to block any air vents at all so that the unit can achieve proper cooling. I would use it upright if I could.
- Answer Not sure about three but I hooked up two with the VGA and HDMI. If you have a monitor with USB, it should work for three. There are plenty of USB ports.
- Answer It has WiFi and found my router with no problem
- Answer The CD player is mounted vertically behind the upper left pleat in front of computer. Tap that pleat and the CD player opens.
- Answer It does not come with speakers. You would need to attach your own.
- Answer Here is a great website that shows you definitions on the condition of the open box items: https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com-Knowledge-Base/Best-Buy-Outlet-Clearance-Open-Box-Refurbished-Pre-Owned/ta-p/955874 If you need more assistance, please reach out to the customer service team at Best Buy.
QuestionDoes this have extra hard drive spare inside for my Seagate 2T hard drive with all my files and picts for my daily resources.
- Answer With 512GB SSD, there is a lot of space. Transfer using PC Mover which transferred literally everything. I prefer keeping back up pictures, videos, and important documents on external hard drives which are only about $50 for 2TB and small enough to take with you in the event of hurricanes, etc.
- Answer Yes, this will come with a one-year manufacturer's warranty for the hardware and 90-day phone tech support for the software. This does not cover accidental damage or damage as a result of a power outage/surge. The included manufacturer's warranty is from HP. If you get a Geeksquad Accidental Protection plan that would be handled by Best Buy. For further details, this link covers the Warranty and Support guidelines for HP: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00747726.pdf
QuestionI have 3 monitors. Will it handle the 3 monitors? Someone asked this question, but gave an iffy answer. I need to know if it will or will not handle 3 monitors.
- Answer This desktop comes dual monitor ready. It only has 1 VGA port and 1 HDMI port. In order to support 3 monitors, you would need to install a dedicated or discrete graphics card that can support 3 monitors.
- Answer You have to gently pry the lid off the mouse. The whole top. If you start at the back, a letter opener or butter knife would do the job without effort.
QuestionDoes this hard drive come with a realtek (R) audio connector that works with Cortana? The geek squad member who set up the one I purchased left a small chip plugged into the front and I don't know what it's for ? Should it be left in ?
- Answer The little device is for the wireless keyboard and mouse.