Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $649.99
The previous price was $719.99
QuestionTring to find out why my washing machine os taking 4 hrs to do a load of laundry when it only took an Ave of 45 min.
- Answer The trick to shorten the cycle : (for a total time 35-40 mins) i use light to regular soil setting - use normal cycle and do NOT USE the TURBO WASH unless needed for very heavy soiled cloths like soccer uniforms. Do NOT use auto sensing for water. Use Deep water instead. The weighing and sensing takes alot of time. Plus I like extra water to clean unless you live in a drought dry area ( I experienced Harvey/ Ike / Rita and thunderstorms that dench Houston) plus - use 1 rinse with OR WITHOUT softener ( this is just a timing to add setting) If you read the manual - downloadable on internet using your model number- high water rinses the scum out of the drum better which means less damp water pockets that cause ofors in other models - especially front loaders. Recap: light soil or medium- Normal - Deep Water setting - 1 rinse and things move along nicely!
- Answer Lid on this unit stays unlocked until the rinse and spin cycles start... We were used to the old style Top loader and a lot has changed on the new models. The HE washers are definitely different from traditional, and I'm not sure if I'm really saving money on the water bill as we end up using the high water setting a lot. If I were choosing again today, would probably choose a traditional washer and go with a Speed Queen.
- Answer The washer takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to complete a cycle using the Normal Wash Cycle. Some other factors to consider is how long the machine takes to fill to do the laundry in the Normal Wash cycle and how much water pressure you have coming to the machine. This will affect how long it will take the washer to complete the cycle using Normal Wash.
- Answer No, it is extremely noisy. If I close the laundry room door, I can still hear it in the family room which is about 40 ft. away.
- Answer Yes, They deliver and remove your old wash machine for a $15 fee
- Answer Hello Ed! The warranty on this model is: FIRST YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (PARTS AND LABOR) then SECOND THROUGH TENTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (DRIVE MOTOR AND WASH BASKET ONLY - LABOR NOT INCLUDED) I am attaching a link that you can view the warranty if you would like. Thank you for your inquiry on our Maytag appliances. http://bit.ly/2kuKTxy
- Answer Hello Mayodicer! We are terribly sorry to hear about your concern. We would recommend contacting Maytag® at 800-344-1274. We are available weekdays, between 8 am to 8 pm EST. They will be better able to assist you.
- Answer Hello no1mama007! Yes, you would need to use High Efficiency detergent with this model.
QuestionMy Maytag HE washer doesn't have a quick wash cycle or a similar option, is there a cycle I can use that comes close to it?
- Answer Unfortunately, i dont think there is. I would like that feature, also. My last washer had one and it was the only setiing i ever used.
QuestionI mistakenly tried to lift the lid when in spin cycle now the spin light will not stop flashing although the washer has finished. How do I turn off the spin flasher?
- Answer Hi, we would recommend to disconnect power to the unit for at least a minute by unplugging the unit or turning the circuit off to the Washer. Hopefully this information is beneficial to you. Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Maytag appliances!
QuestionThe description states "mechanical controls". Are they completely mechanical or are there any electronic/digital parts of the control panel?
- Answer All machines are electronic. They all need to be calibrated at start of installation.
QuestionCan you use just the rinse and spin cycle? I like to rinse and spin out my bathing suit after aqua aerobics, but don't want to put it through the entire wash cycle.
- Answer Clover, yes, you can just use the rinse and spin cycle. Thank you for your inquiry on our Maytag® appliances.
QuestionModel # mvwc565fw washer leaves soap on the clothes. I use high efficiency soap and add soap and then clothes as manual states.
- Answer Karen, please make sure that you are not using too much detergent. If too much detergent is used it will cause white residue. We also suggest running an affresh Washer cleaning cycle at least once a month to help keep the indie of the Washer clean. We hope this helps!
- Answer Rick, simply add the affresh cleaning product to the washer. Finally, select and run the clean washer cycle.
QuestionI have a Maytag HE Washer MVWC416FWO. I make yarn from wool. After I make the yarn, I gently hand wash it. In my old washer, I could put the wet yarn into the empty tub, push SPIN, and spin the water out. Can I 'just' spin water out in new machine PLEASE
- Answer Yarnspinner there is a cycle called Drain & Spin on the machine. We haven't used it but according to the manual, it is for "Hand washed or dripping items"