Questions & Answers
- QuestionAbout how many devices can be connected on the Wifi and still run effectively (7 Answers)
My two roommates and I are looking for a new router and were wondering about how many devices we this network can support. (ie. 3 Laptops and then smartphones). We have heard good things about this router but don't want to have poor access as a result of buying too small of a routerAnswers
- Questiondo you have cable modem & wireless router & telephone (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this router have to be connected to a modem? (11 Answers)Answers
Yes, you must have a modem, which you'll get when you sign up for Internet service. You'll then get the signal to the modem, then connect the router. You'll also have to connect your laptop to the router initially, to configure it, set your wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password. You can then disconnect the cable, and surf wirelessly from then on.
- Questionhow many devices can connect to the wireless router? (9 Answers)
- QuestionNew Question: Using wired desktop and and Wireless Laptop with Netgear Wireless-N Router (11 Answers)
Lots of answers to my original question but need some details: Is this correct: Connect desktop to router; router to cable modem; cable modem to cable coax? Will wireless laptop automatically be able to access internet when I power it up? I want to kepp my desktop wired and I do NOT want to share files between desktop and laptop. How do I keep my desktop files from being accessed by the wireless laptop?
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Your list of connections are correct. Make sure to use the correct port from router to cable modem! A wireless laptop (or any other wireless device) can connect automatically IF the device is correctly configured to do so. This means naming your network on the router and setting up security. Use your desktop for these tasks. Files on one computer will not be visible ("shared") to other computers unless you specifically set it up to do so.
- QuestionHow to find you IP Address on N300 Netgear? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionUsing wired desktop and wireless laptop with Netgear N300 Wireless Router (9 Answers)Answers
Sure you can dude, just get the router as a wireless point so don't turn off the wireless setting on the router and make sure to have your laptop wireless option on, usually this option is mark by a blue light. Now you need to get on your routers settings so you can change your password so you don't have your access point open or may be you would like to share your internet with your neightbor that is your choice. PS. Your desktop will have to have a Ethernet cable connected to your router and them you can play with the wireless connection on the other device (s) . good luck
- Questionis this compatible with comcast? (9 Answers)
- Questiondoes this work with windows 7 (8 Answers)
- QuestionI have dsl and wonder how yo hook up router to it? (9 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions