Questions & Answers
- Answer It plugs into a standard wall outlet and Is controlled by the Philips Hue light bridge
- Answer NO YOU CANNOT.. once you cut it, you're done with the end you cut off. There are marks WHERE you can cut, but the piece cut off is trash.. They also sell 3' extenders you can add to the standard 6' strips. But at the cost, I'd avoid cutting anything.. $90 a pop is a lot of money to throw away..
QuestionI want these to go on each side of my bed. 1 strip (6'6'') will work for each side but only have Outlets on one side of the bed. Will the cord reach to the other side of the bed (roughly 5-6ft) so I don't have useless sets/extensions underneath?
- Answer If you have basic electronic skills try to use a CAT 5 cable to connect them together so you only have to use the extensions rather than two of these. For example, get one 2m strip to run one side of the bed then use CAT 5 cable to run to the other side and then connect two 1m extensions on the other side. Look up a you tube video on how to connect them using a soldering gun. I did this setup through my kitchen cabinets. Ran one 2m strip on the top of my cabinets then CAT 5 cable through the side of the cabinets and then three 1m extensions on the bottom of the cabinets. Good luck!
- Answer The new model is the Philips Hue Light Strip Plus. If you don't see the Plus at the end of the name, then it's the original model. Hope this helps.
QuestionEdits to previous question submitted: Kitchen remodel - Under Cabinet Lighting. Will my electrician be able to hardwire these under my cabinets to a single point/switch so I don't have to have the mini ballast that comes with it?
- Answer The electrician needs to install an outlet hidden away either in a cabinet or above the cabinets. From this outlet location Run 1 - Cat5 cable to each under cabinet section. Get an "RJ45 Ethernet Cable Adapter for Philips Hue Lightstrip" from Amazon. All of the bulky stuff gets hidden away in or on top of the cabinets and all you will have under the cabinets is the light strip.
- Answer Don't know if you've gotten an answer on this, but I purchased this and a few extensions for my bar. It lights up beautifully. Just know you have to have a plug in close and a place to hide the cord. I would recommend this over any bulky lighting or single lights. the LED strip hides perfectly on the interior of my bar. People think the lights were built in.
QuestionCan you use two 6' light strips together? Also can you program with an Android phone or does it have to be iPhone?
- Answer Yes, the second generation strips have ends that can attach to each other. You can add a 6 foot strip to another 6' strip or to a 3' strip. Make sure you are buying second generation light strips and have the second generation bridge.
- Answer I wouldn’t risk it. Phillips makes an outdoor light strip, just get that.
QuestionI bought the Philips hue light strip plus as well as the hue starter kit that comes with 4bulbs and bridge, but the bridge is not finding/connecting to the light strip. What do we need to do?
- Answer Are you searching via the app while the Strip is on? If that doesn't work, manually search by entering the serial number off of the Strip which is located on the rectangular part you can stick onto something...
- Answer No, it’s not an Echo or an app. It’s a device that you purchase separately that works like a hub connector for your automated devices. You can get it with a Phillips hue starter kit or purchase it separately. At that point you’ll download the Phillips hue app so that you can control your lights/automated devices. *once you have your bridge and lights connected then you can set it up to be controlled by Siri (Home App) or Alexa.
QuestionAre they bright enough to put on the back of my describe and light up behind my monitor and the desk or just a line above the desk
- Answer They get pretty bright. I attached a picture of my setup
QuestionDo I Need to purchase the bridge to use this light set? I see there's also an extension set, how does this work?
- Answer Yes. You will need a bride for these to work. The extension set is for extending the length of this product. The extenders do not work by themselves.
QuestionI attached this light strip to my tv but want to move the strip. Will this light strip detach and reattach to a new spot? Anyone have experience with moving their light strip?
- Answer If you remove all strip covers in the back to attach initially you may not able to reattach since glue strip may won’t come out. If that’s the case you may apply something else to hold it. I usually remove few strip covers in case if I change my mind to reposition it.
- Answer Probably want to get the outdoor version Phillips makes.
QuestionCan one turn these on without using the phone app or Siri? Is there just an old fashioned switch?
- Answer There are no switches on the device at all. When you plug them in they will turn on. But you will not be able to control the lights without the hub and app.
QuestionCan this be dimmed by plugging it into a outlet controlled by an LED compatible wall dimmer?
- Answer NO you cannot use a dimmer to control,
- Answer Yes you will need the Hub in order to use your Phone. It will have to be added to your home network.
- Answer No it does not purchase it separately
QuestionIs this the starter pack or an extension? I have a light strip already that came with the box and cord that you plug into the wall and I want to extend that.
- Answer This is the starter pack, not the extension kit.