Questions & Answers
- Questiondoes it come with its own driver and/or does windows 8.1 reconize it as a blu-ray (5 Answers)Answers
It didn't come with any disc, driver, software, etc. Windows 8. 8.1, and 10 all recognized it and installed the driver automatically. Ran fine. However, this drive is focused on Macs. The best similar drive for a Wndows machine is the Pioneer Slim External Blu Ray Writer BDR-XD05B (Black) -- and it comes with the Cyberlink Media Suite, so you can play DVDs and Blu Ray discs. If you buy this drive, you will have to buy software to play anything.
- Questionwill this drive work on usb 2.0? (10 Answers)Answers
I have this exact drive. The short answer is yes. Any USB3.0 compliant device must have fallback capabilities. Whether or not you can host this drive on a USB2.0 bus isn't up to the drive but rather what you are connecting it to. Your machine/pc and your OS are what determine if it works or not. SOME systems may throw an error such as "USB device is not recognized" others may throw an error (but still work with the drive) "the device you are using can run faster" It's just letting you know that if you had a USB3.0 drive it would be faster. It will recognize the drive. Avoid Windows XP and pre-LGA1155 motherboards if at all possible.
- QuestionWill this drive work with windows 10? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWILL THIS WORK ON A SURFACE PRO 3 WITH WINDOWS 10? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it play DVDs from outside the U.S. (i.e., Region 2, 3, 4, etc.)? (3 Answers)
- Questionhow many USB ports do you need for this, 1 or 2? (9 Answers)
- QuestionInclude CyberLink software? (5 Answers)Answers
No. No software whatsoever. There are other very similar Pioneer drives that do include the Cyberlink Media Suite. I bought this for my son, but since it didn't have software, I kept it. I have Roxio and Nero. I then purchased the Pioneer Slim External Blu Ray Writer BDR-XD05B (Black) which DOES come with the CyberLink media Suite. All works flawlessly with three different Dell XPS ultrabooks in my house, purchased in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- QuestionHow do I watch a BD movie with this? What software works for you? (6 Answers)
- QuestionIs this compatible with Macbook? (9 Answers)Answers
I use mine with a MacBook Pro. Be aware you need two available USB ports, as there is no external power supply. If found it useful for ripping CD3 and shaped CDs since this unit has a spindle and is not a slot load like most other USB writers these days.
- QuestionDVD Fab (5 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions