Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.99
- Answer The improvements include a 50% increase in wireless performance, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for better video and audio experience. The new model also includes a Premium HDMI cable and the previous didn't include the cable at all.
- Answer Nope! Not right now. TBD
QuestionI have an older television that is not "smart" but could stream if hardwired to internet. Would the Roku-Ultra enable wireless streaming?
- Answer If your TV has an HDMI input and you have wireless and/or wired internet available at the TV/Roku’s location it will turn your “dumb” TV into a smart TV.
QuestionDoes the ROku-Ultra(2020) allow a person to connect a cable to the modem and a cable to the television and connect totally hardwired?
- Answer Yes the Roku Ultra has an ethernet connection. So you can connect the Roku Ultra to your modem and then the Ultra to TV by the HDMI cable
QuestionThe tv I have does not have a hdmi connection, can I use an adapter? I get so much buffering with my old roku, and also voice not matching lips.
- Answer Buy a Roku Express + with RCA connectors Model 3910RW
- Answer According to Amazon, Oct. 15
QuestionNew to all this streaming stuff, after reading about all the freeze ups and buffering problems. Why should i buy a roku and not some other streaming device?
- Answer for me the buffering was not present. It is pretty fast and I like the remote allows me to plug my headphones, our use my phone and send bluetooth signal to my wireless speakers or headphones, I wish this last feature could be done without the phone.
QuestionIs there a twitter app or a web browser I can use to sign in to twitter? I'm basically looking for a web browser to do internet surfing and use for social media. My Samsung Smart TV from 2014 is slowly becoming outdated and no longer providing any apps
- Answer Sammy, Roku in general doesn't support web browsing because of security flaws. Roku does support screen sharing and Apple Air Play. This would allow you to view your Twitter page on your TV if that is what you desire. This work around makes it a lot easier to navigate as well. The traditional Roku remote isn't built for browsing
- Answer BR549 I believe the Harmony Remotes need an IR (line of sight remote) to work but the Roku Ultra uses a RF remote
QuestionHave a Sharp Aquos 37" TV with HDMI connect. The set is 12 yrs. old. i have Comcast cable box. The cable goes into the TV. I have their package consisting of TV,INTERNET. & PHONE. What is required to hook this up? How do I get DISNEY+? I do have Wireless
- Answer You will just connect your new Roku Ultra to your TV via included HDMI cable. After that you can just follow the directions on the TV screen. This link will give you some more Roku basic information. https://www.roku.com/how-it-works Once everything is setup you can download Disney+ if it isn't already on your home screen
- Answer Hi Ron! Simply plug your Roku Ultra into your TV's HDMI port, connect it to your home Wi-Fi network and follow the easy setup instructions on your TV screen. If your surround sound is already working with your TV currently, Roku wont interfere with that. Whatever is on your TV will continue to play through your surround sound system.
- Answer You are not able to connect Bluetooth headphones to the Roku Ultra itself, however, you are able to use the Roku app to connect to your Ultra and play the onscreen audio thru your headphones that way. I use this feature often to play the TV audio with my iPhone and connect AirPods. I hope this helps.