Questions & Answers
- Questioncan i make a bootable image of my primary hard drive using the seagate software included? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this hard drive fit in my computer? (2 Answers)
I have a Dell Dimensions 8300 desktop computer. It is almost 10 years old. Will this hard drive fit in my computer's spare port and does it matter how many GB's the hard drive has? And what is the difference if the hard drive is SATA or PATA? Which one do I use for my computer? I would be using this hard drive as a secondary hard drive along with the computer's hard drive.Answers
According to the information we found regarding your computer, this drive should be able to be installed into an available drive bay. SATA and PATA drives have different types of connectors, but your computer should have both connections. Gigabytes (GBs) determine the amount of storage space you have within your computer.
- Questiondo I have a way to reinstall windows on this new hard drive and do I have a restore option on my Dell software (4 Answers)Answers
You should use the disks that came with your Dell. If you don't have them, ask around. Lot of people have Dells. Most Dells do not have a restore option. Just do the re-install and use the license stuck on the side of your Dell.
- QuestionWhich hard drive is compatible with mine (6 Answers)Answers
Your hard drive only needs to be compatible to your system. To replace your failed drive all you need to do is get another SATA hard drive with same or more hard drive space. The only reason to look for similar compatible drive is if your drive crashed and you are having disaster recovery done on it, in which they are attempting to recover the data from the platters or repair the circuit board. In which case they will most likely want an identical drive (same brand and model).
- Questionwil this hard drive work in my dell inspiron 580 (1 Answer)
- QuestionWill this hard drive work for me. (3 Answers)Answers
This drive will work. You can clone your existing hard drive to this drive with reputable hard drive cloning software. This is recommended of course, if you do not wish to lose your information and Windows installation on your failing/damaged hard drive.
- Questionmy pc runs on windows vista and i want to upgrade it to win 7 as well as acquire a new hard drive...what could you recommend? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this hard drive fit my hp 2000 laptop if not witch ones will. (1 Answer)
- QuestionWill this drive work with a mac desktop from 2008? (1 Answer)
- QuestionI have a dell studio xps, about six years old, I need new hard drive, can you tell what hard drive I can use. ? (1 Answer)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions