Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs there a small hose you can run down a drain (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is room(s) size capacity of the 50 & 70 pint dehumidifiers? (10 Answers)
I currently have a Fridigidaire Model FAD704DUD dehumidifier & am trtying to determine the capacity requirement of another Fridgidaire dehumidifier. 1.) What is the "cubic feet" capacity (not pints/day) of the 50 & 70 dehumidifiers? 2.) I would like to know if the dehumidifier can also reduce the humidity from an adjoining room with the door closed? Thank you,
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
I'm not sure of the cubic feet. I have it in a finished basement that is about 1000 SF and 3 separate rooms. It works fine if all the doors are open, but it won't work pulling moisture from a room with the door closed. They say for it to work most efficient to put it in a room and close that door...but I found it works fine for the whole basement with all doors left open to the rooms. 1000 SF by 10 foot ceiling so about 10,000 cubic feet. I have the 50 pint dehumidifier. But when we were at about 90-95% humidity I had to empty it every 12 hours or so. Now that the basement is about 50% humidity I only need to empty it every 2-3 days.
- Questionwhat is the difference between FFAD7033R1 and FAD704DWD (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the bucket fill up to top. If so, then how do,Imempty without spilling water? (11 Answers)Answers
There is a bit of a lip, and a kind of lid that flaps open when you go to pour. I was able to carry my bucket upstairs to pour outside without spilling. I have trouble carrying a cup of water without spilling, so, pretty effective spill-proof container.
- QuestionCan I purchase a Best Buy Extended Warranty with this dehumidifier? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs it normal for a thick, long bar of solid ice to develop? (9 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat wrong when I get a FO in my display widow an it shouts off if unplug it an plug it back in it well run again for about 30min (5 Answers)Answers
I had this same problem with the previous model. It gave an error code EC. On this model that error code is FO. My previous model lasted 14 mos. it ran fine for the first 12 months. I talked with Electrolux and they said it is a bad control board and since it was out of warranty, would not replace the unit. They also told me there are no replacement parts. They did not make any so when a part goes bad you have to replace the whole unit. I did purchase a new unit wit extended warranty. Hope this is not going to be a recurring problem.
- QuestionIs this a portable model that I can move from room to room? (10 Answers)
- QuestionAny issues with the unit not turning off and leaking all over? I'm currently in the 2nd floor apartment and a little worried about overflow. (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the fan on this unit shut off when the compressor shuts down? (10 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions