Questions & Answers
QuestionHow easy is it to clean?I've gone through several "nice" coffee makers over the years. Unfortunately a few had to be sent back because it was a very complicated process of just dumping out old grounds. "More than just dumping a basket out" sometimes removing three parts. I love my other Ninja products but I am curious to how easy is it to clean? Thanks
- Answer The container to hold the coffee grounds does come out easily and can be washed out. We did find that using the wire basket allowed coffee grounds to go into the coffee so we switched to paper filters which also allows for easier cleaning of the outer basket.
QuestionCan you use K-Cups or other pods with this thing?I'm trying to find a brewer that is compatible with both loose coffee and pods, if that's possible.
- Answer Nope, no pods. It comes with a permanent cone filter or you can use paper. It comes with a two sided scoop and if you want only one cup, it tells you how much coffee to put in and you would select: cup setting. If you are running out with a travel mug then you would select the travel mug setting. Much easier than pods!
QuestionDoes this machine produce espresso?I know this unit does not have the ability to froth milk, but can it make espresso? Or is it just strong coffee for "specialty drinks?"
- Answer This unit comes with a glass Frother and it is easy to use, even frothing with skim milk! I have used it making Cappuccino-style coffee.
QuestionWhen using the single serve brew feature is there any way to choose the cup size? Not all off our coffe cups are the same size, so how do you get a full cup if you use different sizes?
- Answer I just pour in the amount of water for the cup size I'm using. Then, even if I have the setting on full carafe, it will only use the amount of water I put in there.
- Answer To make the coffee "Iced Coffee", you will need to add ice but the "Iced Brew" option on the maker brews the coffee cold rather than hot. This way, you don't have to add ice to hot coffee and water down your coffee as it melts.
- Answer Hello Robert, We recommend using 4 to 6 scoops from the carafe side of the scoop (8 to 12 Tbsp). With this being said, you can certainly use less or add more depending on your preference. We hope this information helps. The Customer Support Team
- Answer I found the ease of this machine amazing. Considering how I approach making my morning coffee...anyone above the counter can produce good results. I fill the water well the night before, Use coffee pre- ground but kept in an air proof container until I use it, I use the non-paper filter and use the recommended scoop and measurement. The only absolute is always wash your pot and filter and the holder each day to maintain wonderful taste.
- Answer Hello, We are happy to inform you that cleaning your brewer regularly is very important. To ensure you're receiving the best possible coffee from your Ninja Coffee Bar®, clean your brewer whenever the CLEAN button illuminates. We hope this information helps. The Customer Support Team
- Answer Glass, yes. Steel, no.
QuestionIf I only want one cup of coffee, do I only put in a small amount of coffee each time, or do I put enough in to make a whole carafe and then get one cup at a time?
- Answer You only add the amount you need each time. If you have add carafe worth for one cup, you will get a very strong cup of coffee, and be wired the whole day. :-)
- Answer If a standard 10 cup capacity coffee brewer is 56 ounces and provides 10 5.6oz cups, then the Ninja, at 43oz, makes 7.6 cups (5.6oz each) Size 4 filter.
- Answer I tried that and my milk tastes burnt