Questions & Answers
QuestionIf I have multiple tv's in the home, will one Roku work on all of them or will I have to purchase several or just move the one around?
- Answer I have 3 tv’s in my house, if I bought a roko for each tv, and wanted the app. U-tube tv for each tv would I have to pay for u-tube fee for each tv?
QuestionI am a complete novice in this field. If I buy the Roku Ultra to use with my Smart Tv, do I need to purchase a stick? Does one need anything else in order for this to function? What would I need in order to use the Roku Ultra with an older television?
- Answer If you buy the Roku Ultra, you will not need to purchase a stick. However, you will need to have an HDMI cable (or buy a new one) because the Roku Ultra does not come with an HDMI cable included among the contents in the box. As far as what you'll need for the Roku Ultra to function, all that is required is a free (i.e. spare/unused) HDMI port on your TV and an internet connection... although you will need to setup an account on the Roku website, assuming you don't yet have one. If your television is really old, and does not have HDMI connectivity, it would probably be better for you to get an Roku Express+ (Roku Express Plus) which comes with an AV Out cable to connect to older TV's without HDMI ports. That particular model is exclusive to Walmart, though, so you would need to buy it there. At $99.99 the Roku Ultra is a needless expense for older televisions. The Roku Express Plus costs just $39.99 and includes all the cables you would need to connect it to your TV. If I were you, I would go for that and save yourself sixty bucks! ;-) :-)
QuestionIt appears the Roku Ultra is the most expensive option in the Roku line can you tell me advantages of the Ultra over the Roku Stick + that is less expensive. I am not sure why I would want the Ultra over the stick+s
- Answer The stick is suited for shorter range and should work well in most applications assuming you have a decent router/signal. I would guess that if you go out around 50 ft use a standard Roku and if 60ft, use an Ultra. This is my wireless setup. Good Luck
QuestionI have a second tv that is not HD but has a hdmi connection. Will the ultra work with this tv?
- Answer Yes, the Roku Ultra will work with any tv with an HDMI connection. It doesn't need to be full HD or 4k. The Roku Ultra will work with 720p, 1080p, or 4k tv's. When you set it up for the first time, it auto-detects your display and configures it to work for your TV.
- Answer When you purchase the Roku Model 4660, you receive the hand remote, earphones, voice selection capability, ROKU Power Box, batteries for remote and DC plug. You do not receive the HDMI Cable and you have to have your own Internet Service.
- Answer This device does not need to be used with a smart TV, it will need a TV with an available HDMI port and will need Internet connection.
QuestionMy Roku Ultra has a problem with the sound being often interrupted and sometimes out of sync. This happens on Netflix and Britbox. I just recently connected a new HDMI cable and have the same problem. Help!
- Answer I was able to rid of the problem by turning the volume leveling setting off.
QuestionWhat is the memory storage of this device, internal and expanded? Does it work like a tv box?
- Answer you can add an sd card
- Answer Yes. In addition to the previous about making sure the Media You watch is 4k, make SURE all cable connections are 4k compatible too. It sounds silly but there has been numerous people failing to get 4k because they forgot about the 4k cable. Finally, You do NOT need a 15$+ HDMI 4k cable such as Rocketfish or Monster. Look into something like Monoprice; You can get a Premium Ultra Slim High Speed HDMI Cable for 7$.
QuestionWill this work with a sound bar? I just bought a 3 channel sound bar from BB for my Samsung and I'm concerned it won't work with the Roku. Thank you for any help.
- Answer Yes will work I have mine setup the same way. You have to ways to configure, one is attaching the Roku directly to the TV, and use the ARC input of the tv connected to the sound-bar. Or connect the optical output of the tv to the optical input of the sound bar. A third way is using the sound bar as Bluetooth connection with the TV.
- Answer yes it does.
- Answer I don't see why not. I did have a small issue with the ROKU headphone jack pin not being centered in the remote.
- Answer The roku ultra will just cap itself at 1080p on a non-4k tv. The hallmark channel is available https://channelstore.roku.com/details/122834/hallmark-channel
- Answer Yes. It comes with Roku OS8.
QuestionWhich Roku device do I need to get the Spectrum TV app to work on my Samsung Smart TV that doesn't have the Spectrum TV app available
- Answer This device has the Spectrum TV app available in the Roku store.
Questionwe currently own the Roku 4200X purchased in 2014 and I am wondering if the Roku ultra 4660R would offer us any benefits in picture quality and reliability while watching movies as we often have interruption and the device refreshes and looses internet
- Answer I bought the box for 89.00 and NOT the stick and have absolutely zero lagging and no interruptions. Don’t forget though if your internet is bad then no matter what you do your connection will be bad.
- Answer I added it a few hours ago. Works perfect, and you can watch anything recorded on your dvr.
- Answer Roku Ultra