Questions & Answers
- Answer Will it connect fast to the internet? My modern is in the living room. The DVD player is for my bedroom.
QuestionDoes the BDP-S3700 come with the Amazon app? If not, can that app be loaded onto the unit? Thank you!
- Answer Yes it does. Once connected there are several preloaded streaming applications to choose from. Amazon, Netflix, Hulu just to name a few.
- Answer I tried the “home” screen and the “all apps” screen, but I don’t see a “search bar” where you can search for specific apps. I just want to download the CBS app so my mom can watch new NCIS episodes. I don’t see a way to add apps that aren’t already displayed as options under the “all apps” screen. Help! Having the same problem trying to get the CBS app on my Vizio TV which is why I got the blu ray player....
QuestionDoes this blu-ray player support the Amazon Prime streaming movie App or just Netflix? If not, can you suggest another Sony model which streams both Amazon and Netflix movies? Thanks for your help!
- Answer NO! Caution! The Amazon video app IS included on this device, BUT the licensing agreement with Sony NO LONGER EXISTS. Therefore the app cannot update and perform correctly with new functions and/or programming.
QuestionWhat is streaming wi-fi. Does that allow you to play on a smart tv without direct cable. Do not want cable wires from dresser to wall tv
- Answer Streaming wifi means you can access the internet to stream (watch) online shows through the DVD player without a smart tv.
QuestionIs this Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-ray Player the 2016 model which replaces the Sony BDP-S3500 2015 model? If so, are there any differences between the two models?
- Answer Yes, this is the new, 2016 model replacing the BDP-S3500. As I did not own the prior model, I do not know what the differences are with the new model. What I do know is that the BD-S3700 I own has performed flawlessly since I began using it about a month ago (and I use it for an average of 190 hours a month). It loads very quickly, plays beautifully and the price is right.
QuestionDoes this have a remote for wireless... can a cabinet door be closed on this and will it still receive wifi?
- Answer It has a remote, but it will not work thru a cabinet door. However, the Wifi will work through a closed door.
QuestionI am trying to play Netflix and tv says I need a software update. How do I get an update for Sony bpd s3700..
- Answer Hi. From the home screen, select Settings, press up then look for network/software update. -Mark
QuestionMany streaming devices no longer support the HULU app. Does this device have a HULU app as of January 2020?
- Answer NO! It does NOT have Hulu. And I know that because I just bought one, installed it and tried it! February 21st, 2020. The link that's PROVIDED in SONY's answer LITERALLY SAYS IT DOES NOT! SONYLISTENS IS LYING!
QuestionCan I play YouTubeTV on this unit? (I know it has regular YouTube, I want YouTubeTV). If so, how do I play YouTubeTV on this unit?
- Answer Hi Chris, No, this unit doesn't have YoutubeTV. Thanks! ^Ron
- Answer No. I bought the least expensive one.
QuestionCan I connect this player to a non-smart LED HDTV set which has only 720p but still be able to watch programming like Netflix or Hulu?
- Answer Yes; you really just need the right HDMI cable. Picture quality would then be limited by your TV, not the Blu-ray player.