QuestionIf I lay in bed even when I'm not sleeping will this still somehow figure out when I'm actually sleeping?
- Answer Yes it monitors your heart rate and breathing and even snoring
- Answer Yes, it does. The white areas in this bar graph are the two times I got out of bed.
Questiondo you have to lay on this? What happens in a king bed when i sleep in the middle or hugging my partner? can it register two people at once? is there a larger 2 person one? does it take batteries or body powered?
- Answer Yes You must lay on top off it, but it goes under your mattress It’s easy enough to maneuver to the center of your bed, but it will pick up another sleeper as it doesn’t just identify you It will not do two reading at once -so as long as you are on it, you’ll be fine
- Answer Yes. I have one with a foam mattress topper and it works fine. I got one for my mother who also has a sleep number.
QuestionI use a CPAP machine with a nasal pillows mask. Does that interfere with the sensors in the mat? I usually start my sleep in the middle of the bed but several times move a bit to my right or left, but not very far. I am a side sleeper. Is that a problem?
- Answer The CPAP machine won’t interfere with the sensors, in fact you can tell if you used you machine or not because the disruptive sleep due to snoring will be tracked and measured. The mat covers a decent amount of space so I don’t think you will have any issues and sleeping on your side or however does not affect the mat to measure your sleep.
QuestionHas anybody compared the results with other devices for the same sleep period, several nights? Or "it works" is based only on pictures presented without any verification if it's accurate?
- Answer more detailed than a FitBit.i have a lower sleep score with the Withings sleep Mat because it is more detailed on quality of sleep
- Answer I’d suppose so Mine is under a memory foam mattress on top of wood slats and it picks up without error. I’ve also compared numbers to my Apple Watch and all seem with range of each other