QuestionCan two or more people in the same house each with their own phone use the MyQ app to open and close the garage door?
- Answer It may work with multiple users, however it does NOT work with multiple amazon accounts in the same house for one door opener
- Answer Yes As well as your regular remote controls and also homelink if you use it
QuestionI installed this product. But my car remote is not working with hub. Is any way we can set up so app and remote both work as needed.
- Answer You can use both your smartphone and your original garage door opener but you must be careful not to clear the communication codes when syncing your devices. You my have to reprogram your garage door opener after installing this device. Refer to your garage door opener instructions or go online to see some videos on how to setup your devices with your garage door opener.
- Answer Yes, you can set it to alert you if the door is open for a defined amount of time, and you can also set it to auto close as well.
- Answer It programs just like a door opener. You just have to hit the learn button. It does not physically connect to the motor. And it doesn't actually have to be mounted to the ceiling. It just has to be within 30 feet of the door sensor.
QuestionDoes this sense the actual position of the door or just where it has been told to go. Say the door was left closed then was manually opened would this know it was open.
- Answer It does cover the situation you envision. It is able to sense openings and closings, both manual and through the system. And if you tell the app to send push notifications it does so even for manual commands.
QuestionDoes this product work with an Apple Smartphone or do you need to purchase the Apple HomeKit in order for it to work with the Apple iPhone????
- Answer This works with our iPhones! It is easy to install and works great!
QuestionThe compatibility list reads any Genie manufactured from 1994 to 2016. The problem is that I have no idea when my Genie 82 model was manufactured. This would mean I would have to buy to test the compatibility? It would be nice if they listed the models
- Answer The myQ Smart Garage Hub is compatible with most garage door opener brands manufactured after 1993. If your garage door opener has safety sensors, it is likely compatible.
QuestionCan I open and close the garage door using my smartphone from another state? What’s the range?
- Answer You can open or close your door from anywhere you have internet access. I was able to open my door in Ga from Maryland.
- Answer No, you need a second sensor. You can buy directly from Chamberlain. The base unit will handle 2 doors with 2 sensors. A third door requires a second base unit. https://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/smartphone-connectivity/myq-smart-garage-hub-add-on-door-sensor Model #: G821LMB-SENSOR
- Answer Not yet based on the last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago). Chamberlin is working out some security issues before offering an Alexa skill.
- Answer (Read Carefully) Each unit can control 2 garage doors. The package comes with 1 garage door sensor, meaning you can control 1 garage door. To add the 2nd garage door you'll just need to purchase 1 additional garage door sensor. The MyQ system is super simple to set up and install. Just follow the easy step-by-step instructions in the app and you will have the hub and both doors setup in 30-40 minutes. I have it at 2 homes and they work great!!!
QuestionCan you tell me which camera's if any is compatible with this specific item please? Thank you in advance
- Answer There are no compatible cameras with the Smart Garage hub but the MYQ-SGC1WLM Camera is compatible with the myQ app and can be added as a device to the myQ account. Thank you!
QuestionHow can I make it not close when there is something blocking the garage door? or does it even do that?
- Answer It should start to close but the sensors installed on your door should trigger the opener to stop no different than you other remotes. If your door doesn't stop if something is under it then it is a problem with you safety sensors and it is best to contact a local garage door repair to make the adjustments.