- QuestionDo I need a smart TV for the new version of the Chromecast? (11 Answers)
- Questionwhat exactly is chromecast (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat's the difference from the old version (10 Answers)Answers
The main difference is the more powerful speed that it operates over your home wifi. It now features the a/c wifi with dual band 2.5 and 5 gh. Also, the user interface is much more easy to search for media you care about and sorts it accordingly. It's increased speed and less buffering delays is huge. And although not 4K, it's display quality is much better or actual HD. . BUT be advised. Although today was "launch day" it is only available to pre-order through Google Store and Best Buy after Oct. 2nd. . Actual in store availability isn't until October 8th. .
- QuestionWill this one have Amazon prime (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill it work using a laptop? (11 Answers)Answers
It can work with a laptop, using Chrome and the Chromecast extension, but you need an iOS or Android device to do the initial setup. You don't do searches on the Chromecast itself, you search for content on your device or laptop and then "cast" it to the Chromecast.
- QuestionWill Chromecast work on my T V (12 Answers)
At the present time, I watch movies using Netflex with a hdmi cable between my laptop (using Wi-Fi) and the T V. If I were to install Chromecast, would I be able to just Wi-Fi from my router to my T V , and be able to omit the NDMI cable?Answers
The Chromecast is like a dongle. One side is HDMI that plugs into your TV, the other side has a female micro USB port. The Chromecast comes with the USB cable, but you will have to power the Chromecast by plugging the other end of the USB cable into a wall charger block and into an outlet or if your TV has a USB port, that should be able to power it too.
- Questionis it compatible to stream Hulu (11 Answers)Answers
The Chromecast itself doesn't have pre installed or loaded apps. You use your tablet/phone to open your app and stream to the Chromecast. You just load Hulu on your phone or tablet, even through a chrome browser tab on your computer with the right extension. Then you hit the Cast button in the app, select the Chromecast to connect to and it will display on your tv. Just have to be on the same wifi network.
- Questiondoes it stream WITHOUT the jumpiness the old one had? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat are the reoccurring costs for subscriptions or is the chromecast like Roku with channel apps that have individual fees? (11 Answers)Answers
There are no subscription fees or any other fees - just the product cost - you need to plug it it to the tv & a 110v regular household electric outlet or, if you have a tv with the USB plug , use that as the power source. The only subscription fee I have is netflix. I can cast local news live fee free from the news channel's website to the tv & the picture is amazing. No more paying for tv! Only the internet bill, which is still way less than the bundle.
- QuestionWill this allow you to cast in a hotel room that requires a log in page from a website? (11 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions