Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes it connect by ethernet or it connects wireless to the internet? (10 Answers)
Does it connect by Ethernet or it connects wireless to the internet? When I access to my drive through an internet connection, can I used as a normal drive, or should I need to download the files? Can I plug via USB too? Does it connects directly to chrome cast or how it works with chrome cast?Answers
I just got mine in the mail. the setup was like this - plug via ethernet cable into the router, plug the drive into the power in the wall. Then it does a little setup deal with firmware and username and password stuff. there is one port for i believe another drive, you might be able to use this to xfer files, but I'm not sure - the documentation that came with this is like a childens book with pictures, no words - its literally all pictures. so i have no idea how to hook this up to my apple tv - trying to figure that out now. i went to copy 7.3 gigs in one shot and it said about 36 minutes to transfer over wifi - i think im hooked up via N connection. i also tried to backup my phones camera roll to the device, but it just times out - probably because i have no storage avail on my phone and it probably cant create temp directories, but what do i know...all i have is this 3 page booklet with pictures.
- Questiondoes it back up iTunes and windows libraries as if they're on the computer so when I go to it it looks like my normal set up (5 Answers)Answers
You may let all your originals reside on this drive. They do not need to reside on your computer. However, you must have the drive accessible (plugged in) when ever you want to update your library or device(s). Even if you need to update to a larger drive sometime iin the future, you may copy or move the contents to a new drive. When itunes does not find the files, you follow the offered click to find a file, choose the new drive, then itunes will be able to find ALL your files again automatically. You only have to do this once. Having all your videos and photos on a separate drive, keeps your computer free for other things and you can easily upgrade to a new computer. I keep all my files on an external drive and back them up on a second external drive. I only keep programs, e-mail and apps on my computer(s). This way, nothing is ever lost unintentionally.
- Questionwindows 7 (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this be used as a shared drive between several different users on the network? (6 Answers)
- QuestionHow many Giga bytes, RPM,& MB it has (3 Answers)
- QuestionWould it be possible to buy two and either manually or automatically backup one to the other? (2 Answers)
- Questiondo you need to save your data to the cloud? Or, can it be saved to the Seagate drive? (3 Answers)
- QuestionOut of the box, can I centrally store and retrieve files freely between an Apple iMac and a Windows 7 laptop where all three devices are connected via an Ethernet switch? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this have dual bays? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this work with Windows Vista? (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions