Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this work with Amazon Alexa? (9 Answers)Answers
- Questionhow can I rest this device ? (2 Answers)Answers
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset the programming. To do a factory reset: Unplug the Smart Plug, then press and hold the power button. Continue holding the button, plug the Smart Plug into an outlet, then release the button when you hear a click (about 4 seconds). The LED will be solid.
- QuestionAlexa won't discover all of my plugs. I just got 6 of these, but only 4 are detected by Alexa. The other 2 can only be used with the Insignia Connect app. How can I fix this? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this help boost my Internet ...my walls are thick and I don't get as much internet on my sons video games upstairs. (5 Answers)Answers
- Questioni keep getting a "Registration Error" and says that registration call failed, to reset device and try again later. Have reset twice and same result. ????? What can i do to resolve this. Thanks, oscar (8 Answers)Answers
I bought six of these units and had one that had this happen on. After troubleshooting myself and then going through a company technician the conclusion was that the unit was defective. I returned it to Best Buy and got a replacement and had no issues. I did have two units that I had to perform a hard reset on (check the manual - it involves holding down the button before and as you are plugging it in) so if you haven't tried that I would give that a shot first. Good luck!
- QuestionCan I connect to my home internet on my phone even if I'm at a different location away from home with this device? (2 Answers)Answers
I have 4 of these to run different applications in my home. I am able to turn my living room lamps on or off while I'm at work. I also don't have a problem turning my air purifier on or off while I'm away. As long as your phone is able to connect to the internet, you should be able to operate these from anywhere.
- QuestionThis there an additional charge for use on the wifi with the wifi smart plug? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this monitor power consumption and the time that the device plugged in is consuming power? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHas the app been updated to work the Amazon Echo yet? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this water proof? I wanted to use it for Christmas lights plugged into an outdoor outlet by my front door that is covered by a porch. (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions