Questions & Answers
Questioncan you watch live cable shows or sports that's on cablecan you watch live cable shows or sports that's on cable
- Answer If you have kodi installed.
QuestionWith this box can I watch network t v, such as local programming, or would I need an antenna?
- Answer Lookup how to download kodi to firestick on YouTube get all the program you ever dreamed of.....
- Answer Your subscription to Amazon Prime is all that is required.
QuestionDo I need a box for each tv, I have 2?I have several Questions. I have 2 TV's and need to know if I need a box for each TV? If I want to do additional down loads for streaming service do I need the Micro SD Card? My internet connection is wireless. Do I still need the HDMI cord for both TV's? Thanks for your input, Kathie
- Answer 1. Yes, a separate box is needed for each tv. 2. No, you do not need the micro sd card to do additional downloads for streaming. 3. Yes, you still need the HDMI cord to connect to the tv. Hope this helps!!
- Answer Even though it does work on WiFi I recommend you connect it directly to aname ethernet connection to ur modem it will be much faster than using wifi.
QuestionThis model is the 2015 version. Is Amazon is coming out with a new release of Fire TV in 2017? They recently released Amazon Fire Stick I believe 2017. Like Smartphones I hate to buy one only to have it go obsolete in the next month. Thanks.
- Answer New generation Fire sticks and boxes are expected out in 2017.
Questionhow does it compare to Roku
- Answer Depends on which Roku box your are asking about, essentially they do the same things, however there are small differences which make this box slightly better. It has 4k ability, it has HBO Now and voice search. There is more but overall for the price you get more.
QuestionIs this something that can connect wirelessly because looks bigger than regular firestick. Also is it programmable like regular firestick?
- Answer yes it is programmable like the regular firestick. We have ours wired just so that it is faster so I am not sure if you can connect wirelessly or not.
QuestionDoes my TV need to be a smart TV. It does not has the capability to hook up to the internet. In this case would I just need the Stick or would I need the box?
- Answer hey there, nope, smart tv not needed. all you need is the fire tv and an hdmi port on your tv. the fire tv connects to your network on it's own.
- Answer Yes, all you need is internet service.
QuestionHow do you get Kodi
- Answer You need to look up Kodi on a PC there are several ways to install Kodi. Most will tell you how to install ES File Loader First. That is how I set mine up also. It does work after you install Kodi. I would also suggest looking up how to install Exodus on Kodi after you have kodi working. You will be amazed at what you can find, and its definetly worth the time it takes to look up the info on your PC. I hope this information helps you. Without putting web pages on this site the information above should help you achieve your final goal.
QuestionCan I get the CW network? Dish doesn't carry it anymore nor does Hulu. But I can get both CW and CWseed on the Roku.
- Answer You can get the CW APP.
- Answer option 1 39.99 is simply a firestick with no processor and little cache and only connection to internet via wireless connection. relies upon your tv for its speed. option 2 firetv 89.99 has its own processor and larger cache for smoother streaming and video. also has ability to be wireless or hard wired to your internet
QuestionHello is this Fire Tv a Gen 1 or Gen 2? I was thinking of cutting the cord, Sony Vue is a good option.How many Fire TVs can be played at the same time? I have people in the household.
- Answer Generation 2. The gen 2 has the micro SD slot to expand the storage up to 128GB, and it dropped the optical audio output. We have the Generation 2 Fire TV and a Firestick that are both used for Playstation Vue. We purchased the Firestick first, and it does okay, but streaming over WiFi can be problematic at times as our Cox Cable provided WiFi router is sketchy. I purchased the Fire TV because it has the wired ethernet port in addition to WiFi. Its performance is excellent for PS Vue and more. The Firestick now resides in our bedroom for PS Vue while the Fire TV resides in the living room. Both work well while simultaneously streaming PS Vue over our 30mbp down Internet connection. I don't know if there is a limit to how many devices can be used on a PS Vue account simultaneously.
- Answer Great question. My wife and I got PlayStation Vue's best package with STARZ and Showtime , the Amazon Fire TV, HBO Now, Netflix and Hulu and paid $175 to set it all up (some people pay that monthly). Monthly, we pay $75. PlayStation Vue's makes it worth while. The key is that you get LIVE television with cloud DVR for 28 days with an on-screen guide. We watch CNN, CNBC, Nat Geo, MTV, MTV2, VH1, TBS, FX...and even ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. You can also stream on 5 machines simultaneously. This with the Amazon Fire TV, it IS cheaper than cable...much cheaper. I've heard buffering issues with the Stick so spring for the Fire TV. And it has Alexa...its pretty amazing.
Questioncan i play video directly from an attached USB external drive?can i play video directly from an attached USB external drive? What formats will it support? AVI with common codecs?
- Answer Yes your personal media files (music, video, photos) saved to your connected USB storage device can only be accessed through supported third-party applications (available on your Fire TV from the Amazon Appstore). Note; Make sure that in the (System settings developer option, that USB debugging is off) Otherwise it will not work.
- Answer Yes, close caption is available. We use it with no problems.
Question1) Is this compatible with a Samsung Series 8000 LED TV? 2) I have Alexa and a Prime Membership. If I add Hulu, would this combination provide access to most live TV Networks and movies?
- Answer Yes, this is compatible with TVs that have HDMI inputs.