Questions & Answers
- Answer Hi. The Linksys WRT3200ACM router could provide you better wireless range and coverage, perfect for a very large household. It could go beyond 150 feet away, however, metal objects, appliances, thick walls, and mirrors might cause signal interference. Also, proper positioning of the antennas would help in boosting the range.
QuestionWould this router be ok if I installed Nord VPN? I'm not too good when it comes to computer problems. Is the router easy to install?
- Answer Yes, it's okay to install Nord VPN and setting up the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router is made easy using the Smart Setup Wizard.
- Answer Hello, it is not the Router which needs to be compatible with your IPS Verizon Fios, as your Modem must be compatible with your IPS Verizon service. You can use any make/model of any Router with your Modem, as long as your Modem is compatible with your Verizon IPS service. If you already have a working Modem on your IPS Verizon service, then this Linksys WRT3200 ACM Router will work. By the way, I had just upgraded my older Linksys Router which was a N900 to this new WRT3200 ACM Router, and this new WRT Router is lighting fast throughout my 2500 foot two story home with 12 assorted wired and wireless connected items to it. I also purchased the Linksys 8-port Gigabit switch, for all my wired connected items, which looks identical to the WRT3200 Router. I hope this answers your question.
QuestionI have 3 tablets, one desktop, one laptop, two phones n 4K TV. Right now am facing bandwidth problem. Cannot watch HD Movies on 4K TV. Will WRT AC3200 or AC1750 from linksys work. Which is better?
- Answer Hello; I would definitely use the WRT3200ACM Linksys Router along with the Linksys 8-Port Gigabit Switch, as you will have plenty of Gigabit connections. I myself do have this very same setup in my 2500 foot two family home, with a total of (14) items connected to this Linksys Router and everything works very well without no dropouts at all. I have (7) items which are wired and (6) which are wireless, and all work great, with a very strong signal. Hope this helps.
Questionwhat modem would you hook up to this router ? i currently have a motorola arris surf board with router going bad I think
- Answer I have Motorola Surfboard SB6121 modem connected to this router, if your modem/router with WIFI then it's not going to work. You may want to get a newer faster SB6141 modem, since mine still function well I keep using it.
- Answer Yes, this unit can be setup as an access point.
QuestionMy home is 2100 sq feet. Id like to put this router top floor, but my office is in the basement. My work telephone is "inside" my work laptop (they call it a soft phone). Will this router, on the top floor, allow me work without loosing connection?
- Answer I dont see why it wouldn't I can connect to this same router 2 houses down from mine. Im really amazed at the range it has.
- Answer A lot better this is an amazing router I have 15 devices connected at ounce and four streaming two in his qnd two in k also two xboxs playing games
QuestionHi I have a data connection cable on my plus net router where do i put this on the link sys WRT3200AMC. Or do i just connect my plus net router to this router.? All the best Andy goode.
- Answer Hi. If you plan to cascade your existing router to the Linksys WRT3200ACM, then this link will be of help: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=140371
QuestionWill this router allow me to create an ACL based on mac address and time? (Want to restrict kids usage between 9pm and 6am)
- Answer I believe so. The parental controls section lets you select a device and limit internet to certain times. I assume this is using the MAC address but I guess it could also be using the IP routing table or something.
- Answer Hi, SirKnight. The WRT3200ACM can deliver a maximum speed of 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and up to 2.6 Gbps on the 5 GHz band, while the EA8500 supports data rates up to 800 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1733 Mbps on the 5 GHz. To learn more about the other differences between the 2 devices, please check out the links below. http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=208662#h1 http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=156226#h1
QuestionMy apartment uses DSL. I just have to apply for the service. Does this router work with DLS? I’m not trying to buy the one they sell me.
- Answer Hi, Jeff. Yes, it should work since our Linksys routers are compatible with major ISPs.
QuestionDoes this router work using a phoneline? Where I am that is my only source for internet? If not can you recommend?
- Answer It doesn’t look like there is a phone connection on the back to me. Maybe try asking somebody at Best Buy to be sure. It has been a while since I used a phone modem. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
QuestionI have this router currently in bridge mode.My ISP router is in the basement and I use this on second floor to repeat the signal. Could I be doing more or is this the best? Could I replace the ISP router with it and use range extenders on other floors?
- Answer Hi. We highly recommend that you use this as the main router since it features a AC3200 Wi-Fi technology. Then you can add range extenders or access points to further expand your Wi-Fi signal.