Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan I set an amazon echo and a google Home up with the same hub? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs this the bridge version that works with Siri commands? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I use one bridge for the light bulbs and light strip? (10 Answers)Answers
The bridge (at least in my experience with the Hue Bridge 2nd Genration) it will control multiple devices without issue. I own the Phillips Hue Bridge (2nd generation), 2 sets of Lightstrip plus, and 3 Phillips Hue White E26 bulbs. They all connect to the bridge without issue. As I've shared in a review, if for whatever reason the bridge cannot auto detect your devices, it is wise to be proactive and write down / save the serial number off of the bulbs, and OR save the serial number from the lightstrip itself (I believe this is located on the inside of the light strip plus box). This allows you to manually detect the devices (if needed) via your smartphone app.
- QuestionWhat about android users? How does it work? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWhat is the range for this hub? The rooms I would want to use them in are far apart from each other and wifi can be tricky in our house. (4 Answers)Answers
I have the HUB in my basement and the HUE lights in my bedroom which is 2 floors up from the basement I have no issue with range. Plus the more lights you add the better the signal gets as the lights act as repeaters for each other.
- QuestionWhat are the differences between 1st and 2nd generation? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this work with Amazon Alexa (Voice commands etc..) (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes the whire hub work with color bulbs? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill the Hue Bridge 2nd Generation work with GE bulbs? Right now I have a Wink Hub and the Google Home. I can't get Google Home to work with my Wink. (3 Answers)Answers
When Hue first came out, there was a work-around that let you add other bulbs that were zig-bee compatible, like the GE and the Cree. Philips removed this functionality not long after the Hue system became popular with a firmware update about a year ago. If you have an automation hub like Smartthings or Instanon, different bulbs will "work together" as a whole automation system. The Hue hub will only handle the Hue bulbs part of the automation scheme.
- QuestionDo I need this item to operate the Philips lightstrip? Or is there one on my iphone (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions