Questions & Answers
- QuestionHow much time of continuous operation does this machine work? (11 Answers)Answers
I used it non-stop for at least 20-25 minutes, continual feed as I was shredding stacks of old documents. Once it senses it is getting too hot it will shut-off automatically and a red signal light illuminates to let you know. Once the motor cools down sufficiently you can start reusing. I worked it hard for 3 straight days and have had it for 2 months with regular shredding intervals with no issues whatsoever.
- Questionwhat all does this shred? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhy can't you line the receptacle with a well-fitted plastic bag? It would make emptying so easy! (11 Answers)Answers
There's nothing specifically addressing this issue in my manual, other than not to use a plastic bag. However, to speculate a little, I can think of 3 possible reasons, in order of likelihood: 1. Even with a "well-fitted" plastic bag, there is a great chance that the plastic may get sucked up into the cutting mechanism while operating, causing it to jam, and potentially damaging the unit; 2. The plastic, being in close approximation to the motor/grinding mechanism, may act as insulation, casuing the motor to prematurely overheat when in continuous operation; 3. The plastic might possibly create a static discharge that would effect the function of the unit (although this is less likely an issue for this unit since the product is not digital and, therefore, does not contain a microchip.) You may wish to contact the mfr. directly to get the answer. They can be contacted at: 877-467-289, or www.insigniaproducts.com Hope this helps.
- QuestionWhat to use to clean the shredder? No information on the instructions (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhere can I find out the db loudness of this shredder ? Thanks. Sharon B. (7 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the noise level? (11 Answers)
- QuestionHow does this shredder do with unopened junk mail, like credit card offers etc... If you just drop the full envelope unopened into it? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan it shred credit cards? (11 Answers)
- QuestionHOW TO RESET IT (5 Answers)Answers
You most likely shredded continuously until it overheated. That causes the red light to come on and the shredder stops until it cools down after about 50 minutes. This is normal. There's no reset. All you can do is wait. I've found that if I shred for let's say 10 minutes or so, take a short break, or do something else for a few minutes, the shredder will cool down enough to go back to shredding. Doing it this way, I've been able to shred for over three hours without overheating.
- QuestionI wanted to know what the decibel level is on this shredder. Thank you to all who replied. (3 Answers)
Unfortunately, since users had widely disparate answers, I asked for a response from an individual from the company that makes the shredder, or from a Staples rep. They never gave an answer, so I finally gave up trying to get one. Last month, I bought a different brand online for which I was able to obtain any info I needed. Sorry, Staples.Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions